SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this tonneau from Pace Edwards. It is the Jack Rabbit Style roll top. I needed to modify the back rails slightly so that I could keep the spoiler. Roll top covers inherently leak. I found a couple of spots and think that I have cured them. I do still get very minor leakage at the tail gate. This is because of the BedRug. The top can not seal against the painted surface. I am thinking about getting a top cap for the tail gate to cover the rug and give a smooth surface to seal against. I have pics. Let me know where to send them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stingray,
Sent you one pic.The pics are 1 meg apiece. If you know a way to make them smaller or how I can upload them to the site, it would be helpful.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I saw those on the net and yours is the first i have seen, Im still considering that

can I ask?? how does it look the cover that is. Does it look cheap??

Im torn between that and a full red fiberglass by are

Jamie

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This cover looks far from cheep, nor is it cheep. I have seen prices around $700. It is made with very thick side rails and all parts are powder coated. If you look close to the cuts, the paint did not chip. The top roll itself looks like a single piece. I like it because of that. I didn’t want to put a garage door on my truck! I also liked it because of the very slim style. Some covers have a raised box lid to cover the roll. I am also working on some attachment brackets so that I can remove the spoiler and attach it close to the cab. Something like the original set up should be.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Cool

Thats what i wanted to hear. I spoke to a few guys here in Mi and only 1 is a pace edwards dealer and he naturally recommends it, but the other non dealers dogged it bad (but i took it with a grain of aslt)

I did not mean to sound negative (about if it looked cheap) i have never seen on in person and before i order on on line and hate it

I really like the not there look

I just showed my dad the photos and his 1st words were i like the sleek look, but what if you need to take the wing off

then i read you comment about working on a brackets i have a few ideas

I will have to look in to this more

JAmie

·
Registered
732 Posts
blksrt10

please check you PMs

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Rolex Dr. said:
Cool

I did not mean to sound negative (about if it looked cheap) i have never seen on in person and before i order on on line and hate it
JAmie
I personally like the "Roll-n-Lock" brand better. JMO!

Craig

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Craig (or anybody),

Ya got a link for the 'Roll-n-Lock' Brand by chance? I wanna check them out before I buy.

Pretty much decided I want a roll-top cover so I can retain the wing AND have full access to the bed at all times.

TIA! :cool:

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
9 seconds said:
I bought mine from these guys. http://www.wesellroll-n-lockbymailorder.com/Roll-N-Lock.htm

Give them a call.
Wow Steve - I wasn't aware you had one of these. Can you tell me about the install - Pretty much straightforward?

TOTALLY clamp-on, or did you have to do some drilling (I assume you did on the tailgate)?

Did you need to do any trimming around the wing?

How do you like it?
Does it leak water?
Is it hard to keep clean?

Oh, would you have any pics with it open and closed? If yes I'd love to see them. [email protected] Thanks.

And Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
My bad. I have it on my 4x4. Sorry.

In order for the lock part to work, a piece has to be screwed to the tailgate. The rails are clamp on and would need to be notched at the wing but it wouldn't hurt he operation. You do loose about a foot of bed for the roll up part. I like it. It keeps the bed dry and is as easy to clean as anything is on a lifted truck.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
When i got back from a trip my wife had the Pace Edwards Bedlocker installed
and it looks great. I use the extra 2 remote buttons for the garage door to open and close the top. works great. When going through a car wash it gets water in from the stake pockets in front, Guess i need something to plug those. And the top is strong enough to stand on. They modifed the track to fit around the wing like blksrt10

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Thanks for both of those replies. I think I'm going to try the Roll-N-Lock. Seems like a real nice cover for my needs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts