SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed today while detailling the hotrod that 2 rubber nubs on the brake pedal are broken off (the stem is still there).

Have your nubs broken off?

Does anyone know the part number for the pedal covers?

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
974 Posts
Sitedrifter said:
Just noticed today while detailling the hotrod that 2 rubber nubs on the brake pedal are broken off (the stem is still there).

Thanks

Mark
I'm missing 4 on my clutch pedal. Not sure if it's covered under warranty or not. I'll keep ya posted when I find out or if you do let me know..

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Sitedrifter said:

Thanks

Mark
It is covered under the warranty. My dealer has replaced two sets of pedals so far.

Craig

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
SRT10x3 said:
It is covered under the warranty. My dealer has replaced two sets of pedals so far.

Craig

Craig is there a part on our trucks you have not tested till failure? :eek: ;)

patrick

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:
Craig is there a part on our trucks you have not tested till failure? :eek: ;)

patrick
HAHA.. Well. The silver one had, Rim, Tire, Rear End, Rubber Molding, AC Control Knob replaced, clutch, flywheel. One of the Reds, had RIM, Two Tires, Pedals, Radio, O2 Sensor, Cam Bolt recall, Clutch and one of my blacks, has spent 40 days at the dealer, with cam bolt, RIM, O2 sensor, pedals, rubber molding, clutch x2, flywheel, rear end issue (taking sharp corners at high speed cause tires to rub inside fender well) and a host of other issues. No issues on the Yellow truck so far (1800 miles). Oddly enough other than low HP on my spare black, neither my other red or black have any issues, then again, they have less than 300 miles each on them. The more you drive it, the harder you drive it, the more stuff that fails. I've been through two sets of complete tires on the black one and I'm at 8K miles, so I drive it 110% 100% of the time.

Craig

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Craig, your the ultimate "real world drive it hard guy". Just keep letting us know where the failure mark is for us 1 truck owners!!!

My favorite line from you is " downshifting into first gear at about 40 mph and skidding to a stop at stoplights"!!!!!! :eek: :D Awesome man!!!

patrick

·
Registered
599 Posts
Ever think of getting a Panhard Bar for the rear end?

Lemme see what I can dig up.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:
Craig, your the ultimate "real world drive it hard guy". Just keep letting us know where the failure mark is for us 1 truck owners!!!

My favorite line from you is " downshifting into first gear at about 40 mph and skidding to a stop at stoplights"!!!!!! :eek: :D Awesome man!!!

patrick

Yea, I still do that. Got a ticket the other day for doing just that ;). I told the cop I was in complete control. Apparently numerous neighbors complained. Needless to say I got the ticket for "careless/wreckless" driving. As I took off, I spun the wheels hard. I thought for sure that would get me another ticket, it didn't. Another thing I like to do, is as I turn from one road to another, is goose the throttle and slide the ass end around.

Went to Daytona last night, (Bike Week) It was the only SRT/10 there that I saw. Everyone loved my truck, it was definately a hit. The hot chick I had with me, made me the center of attention. (Hopefully my girlfriend doesn't read the forum anymore, as it wasn't her) ;).. Everyone wanted me to "light" up the tires. I haven't mastered the power breaking technique yet. I did manage to get the tranny so hot it wouldn't **** anymore (This is with dual centerforce, upgraded slave, flywheel, fluid). Luckily It took 1.5 hours to move less than a mile, so I just shut it off for 30 minutes.

Craig

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Craig, Keep up that Real world testing man. Don't all the cops in FLA know you by now? ;)

·
Registered
599 Posts
The panhard bar prevents the rear end froms sliding side to side. Even with the stiff leaf springs, they still twist torsionally allowing the read axle to literally move side to side.
THe Panhard bar is adjustable and keeps the rear end Exactly where it needs to be.

Also, Kenny Brown just released (or soon to release) a X-Brace for the competition (L). It will significantly stiffen the chassis. Many people say that the (L) has a full frame and is Stiff, well that's kinda true, but it still FLEXES ALOT under HARD Cornering.
The stiffer the chassis is, the better the vehicle will perform and handle. a Stiff chassis will allow the suspension to do exactly what it is designed to do, and not allow chassis flex to make the suspension feel mushy.

X-Brace:

An example of chassis Flex. The Ground effects are supposed to line up. Here you can see how much the chassis is flexing.

NOW, why on earth an I putting this stuff on a SRT-10 page. Because our trucks really aren't that much different. Both will benefit from a stiffer chassis. Both have leaf spring rear suspension. (regardless of the placement of the shocks) the rear end will move side to side.

Lastly, recently someone noticed that a stiffer chassis reduces 60' times. They installed a 6-point rollbar (not cage) that dramatically stiffened the chassis, He dropped his 60' times by almost a tenth. While that may not seem like much, it is well documented in the "lightning world" that a one tenth drop in the first 60' will result in a drop of two tenths off the 1/4 mile.
.10 drop in the first 60' = .20 drop at the end of the track.
http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=188933

THere is some information to think about.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Milo55 said:
Craig, Keep up that Real world testing man. Don't all the cops in FLA know you by now? ;)
11points and counting worth ;)... 1 more point and I loose my liscense.. Time for that stretch hummer and a Hot Blonde chick driver :)

Craig

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Wikdsvt said:
The panhard bar prevents the rear end froms sliding side to side. Even with the stiff leaf springs, they still twist torsionally allowing the read axle to literally move side to side.
THe Panhard bar is adjustable and keeps the rear end Exactly where it needs to be.
Cool. Who do I get to install such a animal on my truck?

Craig

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Wikdsvt

That is a very cool looking hood on that L!!!! That flex in the body really does look bad. Nice info. :)

patrick

·
Registered
329 Posts
Kenny Brown is on the west side of Indy. That's where I got my truck dynoed

·
Registered
599 Posts
SRTFirefighter said:
Kenny Brown is on the west side of Indy. That's where I got my truck dynoed

Talk to them and see if they can built something similar to this for the srt-10! Honestly, I've never drove or even ridden in a srt-truck, so I'm not sure how rigid the frame or flexible it is. That Picture was taken at Gingerman Track and that is probably one of the fastest, hardest turns.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I thought kenny brown only worked on fords and that he didnt do trucks. Matter of fact, I could have sworn I read about a truck owner (might have been a lightning) asking him if he made supsension parts for trucks and he said, with a smirk reply I dont do trucks or something.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Went to Daytona last night, (Bike Week) It was the only SRT/10 there that I saw. Everyone loved my truck, it was definately a hit. The hot chick I had with me, made me the center of attention. (Hopefully my girlfriend doesn't read the forum anymore, as it wasn't her) ;).. Everyone wanted me to "light" up the tires. I haven't mastered the power breaking technique yet. I did manage to get the tranny so hot it wouldn't **** anymore (This is with dual centerforce, upgraded slave, flywheel, fluid). Luckily It took 1.5 hours to move less than a mile, so I just shut it off for 30 minutes.

Craig[/QUOTE]

Hey, you weren't the only one running around up there, my wife and I were around Saturday all day until about 6pm when we headed back home. You are correct about traffic, we were stuck on ISB for 35 minutes just trying to get 1/2 mile to I-95. Wish I would have seen you I could have shown the quick pedal dance to you on that 6spd burnout.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for comming

Thank's for coming to town and spending some money.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts