SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Track season opened on Maui this weekend.

My fastest time was

2.32 sixty
13.82 quarter mile
103 mph

Full tank of gas, temp 72, tire pressure @ 33, launching at low rpms to avoid spin then flooring the sucker. Huge spins and wheel hop into second, again spin into third. I shifted at about 5500, I say about because the gtech unit sucks and is going back. Keeping my eyes on the tach and track is tricky but fun :eek: .

This time was almost .30 better than my previous runs last fall, so I am very happy with the results. Sixty time needs huge work.....maybe lowering the tire pressure like the other poster from FL did.

Funny thing is my fastest run ( my first ) I was lined up against a Chevy Extreme truck all tricked out!!!! But it was all show and no go...he was running in the 16s!! All in all it was a good night and cant wait to get the K & N aircharger kit which hopefully will get me even faster times.....oh yeah the truck also attracked lots of admirers....which is pretty cool too!!

patrick

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey, getting faster is getting faster. Just keep going and getting better at your launch. You have the mph for low 13s. My first time at the track was a 13.9 and with practice I've been able to get it down to a 13.5 :)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Ok

2.32 sixty
13.82 quarter mile
103 mph

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the information. You #'s are are very close to what mine were 1st time out at Carlsbad which was noted for poor starting line traction. By lowering th rear end 2" and dropping tire pressure to 22lbs the 60' went down to 2.20. Keep having fun............Jack

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
heh Jack

Any downside to lowering tire pressure? I remember reading something about it with our low profile tires. I thought about trying it last night but decided I would try it next time. Our track season lasts until Nov every third weekend each month and I figure each month I will try new things until I dial in the right combo. With a lower tire pressure can I launch harder? This truck really needs a good launch to get the sixty down. Was the full tank of gas a good idea or not? Last time I had half a tank and the sixty was a tenth slower and quarter times were 3 tenths slower.

patrick

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Tire pressure

Patrick,
I forgot my air pump the last time I raced the truck, and drove home with 22 PSI in the rear. I also had the fronts aired up to 45 PSI. It was a little loose but was not too bad. I would not recomend agressive corning but it did not feel too unsafe. The amount of gas I had was usually between 1/8 & 3/8 of a tank. I did not try it with a full tank or less than a 1/8 of a tank. I don't know other than over all weight reduction if it makes a difference in traction. Fuel weighs 6LBS per gallon. Full tank = 156 LBS, 1/2 tank = 78 LBS 1/4 tank = 39 LBS. 117 LB difference between 1/4 tank and full tank. Weight is our enemy. I was wondering if anyone has tried traction enhancer such as VP Bite. I do not know how much this helps on street tires. The main thing to remember is have fun :D ...........Jack

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:
Track season opened on Maui this weekend.

My fastest time was

2.32 sixty
13.82 quarter mile
103 mph

Full tank of gas, temp 72, tire pressure @ 33, launching at low rpms to avoid spin then flooring the sucker. Huge spins and wheel hop into second, again spin into third. I shifted at about 5500, I say about because the gtech unit sucks and is going back. Keeping my eyes on the tach and track is tricky but fun :eek: .

patrick
Dude, you need TRACTION!!

Since your track doesn't seem to hook, here's a thought - get yourself a cargo bar and toss about 1-200lbs. in the REAR of the bed - up against the tailgate. This will make a big difference with traction, most likely reduce wheel hop, which should equal lower ET's! :D Just be careful when ya hit the binders at the big end! :eek:

I used to have a G-Tech. My thoughts are the same as yours. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hamrhead

What are the "binders" you refer too at the big end?

patrick

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:
Hamrhead

What are the "binders" you refer too at the big end?

patrick
Brakes. Don't slow down too quickly when you're going over 100mph after the 1/4 mile, or all that weight I was referring too in the back of your bed, may come towards the front very fast! :eek:

That'll wake ya up! :D

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh yeah that would "suck"!!!!!! Funny thing is I have never braked hard at the end of the track, I always just brake lightly and usually dont turn around till the end of the runway!

patrick

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Yeah me either. I usually run it out until the very end to turn around. Of course last time I ran, I was doing about a Buck-Thirty in my Sy before I got off the gas! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts