SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I screwed up. I parallel parked and someone boxed me in. While trying to extract my truck I drug a rim on the curb. It scratched it pretty bad on the edge about 10 inches long. \\Anyone know if these things can be buffed or polished out. The tire cleaned up nicely but the rim I feel may be difficult. :confused:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Rim

Marc T said:
Well I screwed up. I parallel parked and someone boxed me in. While trying to extract my truck I drug a rim on the curb. It scratched it pretty bad on the edge about 10 inches long. \\Anyone know if these things can be buffed or polished out. The tire cleaned up nicely but the rim I feel may be difficult. :confused:
The rims are forged aluminum with a clear coating. They can be polished but the clear coating must be removed first. There are shops around the country thar can strip, polish and recoat the rim. Or you could replace with new. There was a post on this forum stating that a new RIM Is $1050.00. Repairing is much less expensive.
Jack

·
Registered
974 Posts
Ouch! sorry to hear that :(

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Everyone for the replys.

I will look for a local shop that can do the repair. If there is none I will send it off to BentRim in Miami(thanks 9seconds). It really isn,t noticable until you get right up on it. Definitely can,t see it goin down the road.

But I know it's there and that my dumb ass did it so it bothers the hell out a me!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
our rims have a clearcoat? i thought they were just plain old polished wheels. if they are clearcoated i guess there is no reason to give them the once over with the blue coral.

·
Banned
582 Posts
nope , just try to keep the brake dust off of them as much as possible(brake dust is corrosive, i believe), use a good quality wheel cleaner, and they will look nice for years to come!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts