SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am driving down the road...seatbelt on....and I hear the seatbelt reminder chime....look at the dash ....and the light is blinking....Re- connect the belt....it remains. I figure the PCM booted oddly and figure I will keep an eye on it. See what happens when I "re-set" on startup.

Later that day same crap....then... after finishing up on the house that night ...no problem.

What do you think....she wanting me to take her out on a date....track and oil change?? I have been busy lately...neglecting her a bit... I am confused...we normally get along fine....we met at a great little place "Showroom"....and had a great couple of weeks together....even bought her a great set of panties..."Magnaflow"...
Think it made too much of a statement trying to get into her pants too early? LOL

I hope her parents "dealership" aren't pissed when I explain it to them. Might get me thrown into a rental....

Anyone had the issue? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
That seat belt chimer makes me crazy. I cant pull into my driveway and garage without it going off!!! I always wear my seatbelt but come on...it just keeps ringing on and on....But no I have not had the malfunction you have. What you do, get her drunk and score(burn rubber) on the first date??!! ;)

patrick

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
I admit it - I hate seatbelts. Yeah, I know I should wear 'em, but I don't.

Anyway, I shut my 'chime' up by hitting the scrapyard and getting another latch to plug into the lock mechanism. I just sliced the belt and took the latch thingy, then plugged it in and NO more chime! Haven't heard it since.

Now I have to do the same thing with my new Focus. For now I just ran the belt around the back of the seat and connected it. :)

·
Registered
732 Posts
i just did the turn off that the manual says

worked on both rams

but the damn durango thats a different story

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Not to be a thumper... but ALL you guys need to be wearing your seatbelts. We had a run just last week wear a guy hit a bridge support at about 55 mph and messed him up pretty good. The front left tire was under his seat and the engine was split in half if that gives you any idea of how hard he hit this bridge. And no, he wasn't wearing his seatbelt. Massive head injuries. I was fortunate enough to be in the truck holding this bastards head while they cut his demolished truck away from him. I got some pics if anyone wants to see'em.

Bottom line... wear the damn things. it's not that bad.

·
Registered
189 Posts
i turned mine off on my Ram. Followed the manual and it worked great. usually i wear it just because seeing that huge red thing is annoying

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
any of you guys had a problem with the seat belt locking up under VERY mild braking, I roll up to a intersection or railroad crossing that is not 90 degrees from the road Iam on and when I try to lean forward to get a good look the FREEKIN seat belt wants to rebreak my coller bone, and Iam talking very minor braking, not even anything hard. It is REALLY pissing me off. I love this truck, but this seat belt is making me want to bipass the whole system. Is it just me or are you having the same problem?

·
Registered
189 Posts
begood, if you hit a bump it will do that. if i go on a dirt road and i see a cop, i cant get my seat belt on because it locks up from the bumps. i just act like im scratching my back and covering the belt hehe

·
Banned
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SRT Firefighter...Brother I am always wearing the seatbelt...also pays to wear it on duty...for the wife that is...extra 20K to her as long as I had it on if I am dead...go figure...Oh well ...casket dosen't have pockets anyhow...LOL

It is when I have had the seatbelt on ...she begins chiming in....yap yap yap....I think I may have a bad receptacle....When I push / pull the male end of the clip the dash indicator light flickers irregularly... Have to make a dealer trip after this next Huricane passes by. Have them replace the female end...

Thats what I am going to do...send her for an receptaclectomy at the dealership. Then take her the track and spank her good.... Get her hiney hot as a firecracker...

Thanks all for the input

·
Banned
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had a guy on a motorcycle the other day...on the interstate....lost it about 85 MPH...then smoked by a car...
Dude his neck was about 13 inches too long...Looking for ID...find a purchase slip....he just got the bike...less than 30 minutes old...

SRT Firefighter
your 100% correct...button that belt.... our trucks are built tough...and your not going to be able to hang if your hauling ass...or someone else bends it into you. ...your better off staying with it vs. getting beat in the interior or flying though the windshied.

I am sure between the two of us we could post some interesting pics that would make a few think again about skipping it.

Be safe out there.

·
Registered
732 Posts
i agree with the belt thing i wear mine 99.9%

i do though have a bad habit of not putting it on as i pull out of the driveway but put in on once im rolling to the main road

jd

i lost 2 very good friends in a bridge car accident (both had belts on) but the belts did not stop the engine/trans from splitting the driver and passenger while proceeding to take residence up in the trunk of a vette

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
In 1966 I was following 2 cars drag racing on Navajo Rd in San Diego one was a fast 1955 Chev. I don't remember what the other car was. The 55 hit 4th gear and it broke the front Ujoint. The driveshaft buried in the ashpalt and spear chucked the 55 end over end at over 100 MPH. There were no seatbelts in the car and both guys in the 55 were thrown out and killed. Ever since that night I have always worn seatbelts and had a driveshaft safety loop. I had a loop custom made for the Dodge within the first month of getting it. I did some circle track racing in my 30's and did enough crashing to know that belts and harness work. In the 70's and 80's we did a lot sand buggying and off road racing. I have been in some awful crashes in both buggys and off road race cars and was fortunate to have not been seriously hurt. This is due to good safety equipment and it's use.
Belts really do work................................................Jack

·
Registered
44 Posts
used to never wear it even though I have SEEN a near deadly accident. It was getting pulled for a $25 ticket that now I wear it all the time. Thought I would never get used to it but now feel odd without it

·
Registered
268 Posts
whats the procedure to turn it off?

·
Registered
268 Posts
found it, in the early eighties, on new cars, the first thing I did was cut the seatbelts out with a razor knife. Times have changed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts