SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the SRT-10. Just purchased 7/9/04. Just curious. It's been a long time since I've owned a manual shift and it seems the SRT-10 has a little bit of shifter shake at highway speed. I know the chassis is pretty stiff. Is this a result of that or is there something wrong with the transmission mount? :confused: Thanks for any input on this.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Droopy said:
I'm new to the SRT-10. Just purchased 7/9/04. Just curious. It's been a long time since I've owned a manual shift and it seems the SRT-10 has a little bit of shifter shake at highway speed. I know the chassis is pretty stiff. Is this a result of that or is there something wrong with the transmission mount? :confused: Thanks for any input on this.
Perfectly normal. It may even move 1/8" or so when you rev the engine. Alls good :)

Enjoy your truck!

Craig

·
Registered
150 Posts
Shifter Shaking

A normal standard transmission will have some vibration even at highway speed. With the SRT 10 at 60 mph your only turn about 1250 rpm. and if your motor is running rough, it could be enough to cause shaking. If your lugging the engine speed below 1000 rpm. it will cause it to shake.

If the motor is running smooth, then you might want to look at your wheels: is there a dirt build up inside your rear wheels causing an imbalance or did you hit a curb and bend a wheel or did you hammer the clutch on a speed shift and screw up the clutch or pressure plate or did the weights come off your rear wheel or drive line.
If it persists or gets worse you better take into your dealer and have them check out your drive line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts