SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took my truck to the dealer to have my Sub looked over (there was a poping sound every time I turned on the ignition). They said there was a short in the amp and it would need replaced. Don't know if I just got a bad one or what. Maybe I was rock'n out to hard! :cool: Just thought I would let everyone know about this. If you hear a buzz or a pop... or both. You got a short and it needs replaced.

Later!!

·
Registered
621 Posts
SRTFirefighter said:
Just took my truck to the dealer to have my Sub looked over (there was a poping sound every time I turned on the ignition). They said there was a short in the amp and it would need replaced. Don't know if I just got a bad one or what. Maybe I was rock'n out to hard! :cool: Just thought I would let everyone know about this. If you hear a buzz or a pop... or both. You got a short and it needs replaced.

Later!!
Actually, I have had the same problem as well!!! I thought I had blown my sub because I was listening to it too loud or something. Anyways, thanks for the post, I will certainly have the dealer look at it!

·
Registered
61 Posts
SRTFirefighter said:

Later!!
I've been listening to Country on mine and have no problems. Suggest keeping the presets locked on country stations only!! (just jokin' guys- I'm an avid Rock n roller too!)

Thanks for the post

Kirk

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
COILED said:
I've been listening to Country on mine and have no problems. Suggest keeping the presets locked on country stations only!! (just jokin' guys- I'm an avid Rock n roller too!)

Thanks for the post

Kirk
country made my radio dumb! :D
is that "freedom rock?" weeelllll turn it up maannn!

·
Registered
157 Posts
radio

Country will make anyone dumb i think. either that or start to whine everything they say. HA HA!!! Just kiddin'. Or possible have a broken heart and are married or haven't been seeing anyone in months ;)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
trev17 said:
Country will make anyone dumb i think. either that or start to whine everything they say. HA HA!!! Just kiddin'. Or possible have a broken heart and are married or haven't been seeing anyone in months ;)
The dealer just told me that listening to Country Music, will void my warranty :D

Craig

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can assure ya'll it was not country music I was listening to. I can't... my girlfriend stole all my country CDs... and my truck, and my dog, and my tractor, and all my tools. I kan't not never katch a brake! :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
very very funny- you guys crack me up

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sounds to me like its a bad ground connection for the amp.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's what I thought. But it's only a month and a half old. So instead of getting in there myself and checkin it out, I just let them do it. They said new amp it is, and I said OK! No cost to me. ROLL WITH IT!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well of coarse they didn't have one in stock... or another SRT to swap one out, so I have to wait for one to come in. They said they would even give me a loaner while the work was being done. It's amazing... when I would take my 03 Dakota in to this same service dept, they wouldn't give me the time of day. Now they kiss my arse everytime I come in there. It's good to be the king... of trucks.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I get a buzz and a pop when i turn the truck off (coming from the sub)
in the beginnig it was a long buzz that when i tapped the speaker it stopped it

it only happenes when i turn the car off

is this the same sound

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's possible. I get it both turning it on and off. Not as loud when turning it off though. It's kind of a buzz then a crackle. Hard to explain. Regardless, it's not suppose to be there.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I guess my dealer gets to mess with that too

well since it has to have the door repainted again

(an assholed keyed it at a car show) and the dealers body shop did a piss poor job painting it they get to do it again

(at least the owner and manager of the dealer all say the ****ty job that was done and are severly pissed at the body shop manager for letting it out that way)

Plus my truck it going to be used during preimer nite at my dealership it has to be 110%

JD

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What was it Travolta says in Pulp Fiction, "You never [email protected]@k with another mans automobile. I don't care how much he pisses you off. You don't [email protected]@k with another mans car. I would have been worth it just to catch him doing it."
That sucks man! I think I would've had to rip the guys arms off if I caught him doing that crap to my truck. At least it sounds like the dealership is on your side with the second paint job. Good luck.

·
Registered
732 Posts
It was bad thru the paint to the bare metal and the right door and the cab behind the door

the problem is where ever i take the truck it draws a crowd

but if i ever catch someone touching my truck i will drag them behind it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts