SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok-- i'm a fng-- from north ga. my question is -- has anybody tried to make a sleeper of an srt? i'd like to lose the aero look. guess that a flame red sport front bumper, rear bumper, annd minus the aero side covers it might look more or less like an ordinary ram. any one done this? thoughts? suggestions? opinions? guess that covers nearly all replies. oh-- go ahead say what ever you want--- i'm aware that this is probably heresy to most of you guys-- thanks in advance.--- mase--- a sleeper guy

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
With all this power my question is why? I personally love the aero look. But its your truck man you do with it what you want. Post some pics if you do! ;)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Surprisingly alot of folks get fooled as it is. Since it is a pretty clean aero look , we have had a few customers tell of outrunning other trucks since they thought they were running a Hemi Sport. One guy we sold called and said you shoulda seen the face on the SS Chevy Truck guy's face, when he told him it was a Hemi. " Gee, I didn't know they ran that good." Loved the story.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I get a bunch of people asking, hows that hemi run? When they figure out it has a Viper engine they say they never knew Dodge put them in the Ram. I had a ****vy SS pickup roll up next to me and start reving, then I seen him look at the hood and apparently seen the Viper Powered, well he backed off but I didn't.......... :D

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Roktman said:
Yea ,I`ll chime in with ....why.It is kinda like taking your hot girlfriend out with a bag on her head . :confused:

I have alot of people ask if "That thing gotta Hemi"? I just say "You`re about to find out" :D
A bag over her head LOL! That's some funny **** :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sleeper

well ya see it's like this--- long tmie ago i learned that it's better to under promise and over deliver--- --mase :)

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Roktman said:
Titan,Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. :D
LOL! Thats a blind squirrel with big nutzs :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
vapoppa said:
ok-- i'm a fng-- from north ga. my question is -- has anybody tried to make a sleeper of an srt? i'd like to lose the aero look. guess that a flame red sport front bumper, rear bumper, annd minus the aero side covers it might look more or less like an ordinary ram. any one done this? thoughts? suggestions? opinions? guess that covers nearly all replies. oh-- go ahead say what ever you want--- i'm aware that this is probably heresy to most of you guys-- thanks in advance.--- mase--- a sleeper guy

I took off all of the badging on my truck. tho only people that seem to have an idea are hardcore car guys and I think that is because of the hood scoop and wheels. you have to remember, the general population are idiots, they won't know. If you are going to change anything that is going to fool people, put standard 16 in ram wheels on it and change the hood and paint it white. though, I wouldn't suggest it, but like the man said, it is your truck

·
Registered
966 Posts
now that story..

Bill Pemberton said:
Surprisingly alot of folks get fooled as it is. Since it is a pretty clean aero look , we have had a few customers tell of outrunning other trucks since they thought they were running a Hemi Sport. One guy we sold called and said you shoulda seen the face on the SS Chevy Truck guy's face, when he told him it was a Hemi. " Gee, I didn't know they ran that good." Loved the story.
That is funny! jaw drop and all i'd say...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sleeper

womsterr, glad to know there's sombody close-- thanks--- if all goes as hoped for i'll be in your neck of the woods thur or fri.-- mase :)

·
Registered
966 Posts
sleeper eh?

vapoppa said:
well how about takin a slede hammer to the fenders, "bustomized by Bubba" and call it 'arrow-die-nemik dee-zyne"? that'll make it a farmin' sleeper...
heh heh heh... ;)

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Everytime I have gone to the track on the drive back to the timeslip booth you cruise in front of the crowd watching the races.....well it nevers fails you always hear "that thing got a hemi" ........I either yell back "nope" or "no its got a viper" and that always confuses them!!! Like somebody else said the general pop. are idiots!!!!

I would never take off the aero package...its part of the srt/10 look...but to each his own.....some people think the wing is gay.......I think its awesome.

patrick

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
I don't blame you for the sleeper idea, pretty sneaky. The only problem is when you pull up at the local hangout and the crowd grows around your one of three thousand viper powered trucks and gaze in awe at your ride. Something you will not get with a sleeper

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
stinker said:
. The only problem is when you pull up at the local hangout and the crowd grows around your one of three thousand viper powered trucks and gaze in awe at your ride. Something you will not get with a sleeper

That right....and you wont get to cash in on the chick factor!!!! Some of those gawkers now think you have a well hung wallet..... :rolleyes: :D but as a sleeper your just another ******* with a truck.... :( LOL ;)

patrick

·
Registered
364 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:
Everytime I have gone to the track on the drive back to the timeslip booth you cruise in front of the crowd watching the races.....well it nevers fails you always hear "that thing got a hemi" ........I either yell back "nope" or "no its got a viper" and that always confuses them!!! Like somebody else said the general pop. are idiots!!!!

I would never take off the aero package...its part of the srt/10 look...but to each his own.....some people think the wing is gay.......I think its awesome.

patrick
My wife and I have a good saying, Hemis are for pu$$ies, there missing 2 cylinders!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts