SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know about the awesome performance specs and reports on the truck, but how about some feedback on the 500 Watt stereo system that they advertise is it any good? or is it as pitiful as the early Viper radios?

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
viperx2 said:
We all know about the awesome performance specs and reports on the truck, but how about some feedback on the 500 Watt stereo system that they advertise is it any good? or is it as pitiful as the early Viper radios?
my bud got his yesterday, & for the short time we listened to it it sounded great! :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey I am boomer's bud. I got my truck yesterday and I think I am in "HEAVEN" I think the tunes sounds great the big sub makes a big different.I am not a big audio guy, but when you crank it up it kicks ass.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The sound system works just fine! Loud, and clean. Only complaint I have about it is the sub needs to be bolted down on something other than plastic. That puppy rattles when some deep bass notes hit.

System is great for regular listening. Clean and strong. Its definitly not a ghetto bass machine!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
The sub isn't actually bolted down at all. It attaches to a metal bracket that snaps on to the plastic tray below. May keep it from flopping around but doesn't do a lot for vibration.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I noticed that. Im thinking about taking it out, laying some dynomat down in the plastic storage compartment, and then covering the whole tray with some nice felt or carpet. That should help with the vibrations.

·
Registered
106 Posts
While the radio is not for "Booming" it sounds pretty clean and strong. I was especially surprised at the center stage effect so the separation is right on. I really like it. I've only got 240 miles on mine so I spend more time listening to the exhaust. I'm guess I'll get over it soon?
Mark

·
Registered
174 Posts
Jax Ram said:
While the radio is not for "Booming" it sounds pretty clean and strong. I was especially surprised at the center stage effect so the separation is right on. I really like it. I've only got 240 miles on mine so I spend more time listening to the exhaust. I'm guess I'll get over it soon?
Mark
My boss and I have about 400 miles on his....and we're still not tired of it! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts