SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this happen 4 times now, 1st time about a month ago, and now its happened a few times since and I just now determined what it is not....
It will crank all day long, but not even try to fire up...after letting it sit from a minute or 2, it would fire up .1st thought ignition, maybe crank sensor going bad, or no fuel...

So today I noticed that when I turn the key on, before pushing the button, the fuel pumps will not stop running like they normally do. I have 2 external puller pumps as well as the in the tank pump, all are on the same relay..they were added with the super charger install.
So that leads me to believe that maybe the intake pump is sometimes getting stuck, and is in a position so that the puller external pumps can't pull any fuel through the supply line to pressurize the system????

I guess next time this happens I need to quickly pull the supply line apart before the twin external pumps and see if fuel sprays out.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I would do a fuel pressure test when the situation occurs first and foremost. It sounds like it may not be getting fuel pressure based on your description.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would do a fuel pressure test when the situation occurs first and foremost. It sounds like it may not be getting fuel pressure based on your description.
Pressure gauge is hooked up, but so far has not replicated the issue since I put it on :(

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is pressurizing the system to 58 psi, but the pump is not shutting off, and when it does not shut off, it won't even try to fire while cranking. If pump shuts off, then it fires right up, usually the 3rd or 4th try after waiting a few secs between tries. So I need to determine why the relay is not shutting off the pump once pressurized and without cranking the motor, and would it keep the ignition from firing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts