SRT10 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Silverback, Have seen you around before. Is "banned user" a good thing???
At any rate you did a good job explaining gear ratios. Have met many with a problem when it comes to a high rear end verses a low rear end when used to explain seat of the pants feeling. I have said it before and will say it again - If you want to experience the effect of different gear ratios in your ride? Don't spend the money on gears. Buy good used, borrow, steal (not) a smaller or larger diameter tire then you have on your wheels now. The difference in felt rear end ratio from a 4.56 with 25 inch diameter tire to a 4.56 with 30 inch diameter tire is like changing the 4.56 to a 3.80 in felt rear end ratio. Big difference. And a hell of alot cheaper. Correct me if you think I am wrong Silverback.
Gear ratios aside. Aren't one and two speed vehicles the fastest on the 1/4 mile track? bobbymac

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Man!!! Who did CPR on this thread?! Way to find a diamond in the rough...

Oh, and banned user is a bad thing.

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,629 Posts
He sold his Yellow Fever and Bought a Ford.......

Then, went into self exile

VJ

·
Premium Member
2,092 Posts
He sold his Yellow Fever and Bought a Ford.......

Then, went into self exile

VJ
Well if you bought a Ford wouldn't you???

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,629 Posts
You wouldn't say this if you saw the ford he bought

;)

·
Premium Member
2,092 Posts
You wouldn't say this if you saw the ford he bought

;)
I know what he has. He traded in his Viper and got a Cobra of the AC variety. In yellow. Beautiful car but something I can't get into....literally. I was just taking a pot shot at it being a Ford.

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,629 Posts
hehehehehehehehehehe

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ok I have a question.. I have small modifications cold air intake, belinger headers, full exhaust, sct tuner. I would like to go with lower gears for the quater mile. My question is.. Would you Reccomend 4.56 or 4.88. Gears? And what rears are in our trucks? And I'm thinking or having the truck super chrged within the next year... Please keep that in mind for your reccomendations.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Ok I have a question.. I have small modifications cold air intake, belinger headers, full exhaust, sct tuner. I would like to go with lower gears for the quater mile. My question is.. Would you Reccomend 4.56 or 4.88. Gears? And what rears are in our trucks? And I'm thinking or having the truck super chrged within the next year... Please keep that in mind for your reccomendations.
I think you have an 06 so you have 4.56 gears....the 4.88s will only hurt your qtr mile time..........if you are going to supercharge start with the bottom of the engine....in other words forge the pistons and rods before installing the blower...or pay more later...

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,629 Posts
Yep, you have 4.56's

·
Registered
32 Posts
With redoing the bottom end its only the pistons and connecting rods that are weak, the crank will hold up? And what pistons and rods would you reccomend?

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
With redoing the bottom end its only the pistons and connecting rods that are weak, the crank will hold up? And what pistons and rods would you reccomend?
Crank will be fine to 1500+ HP.I went with Ross Racing pistons and Manley rods.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
21 - 35 of 35 Posts