SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The truck is at the dealer today and I was going to have the plastic liner placed in (similar to the one in my old hemi). I spent the day reading through old posts but I wanted any new information on spray in liners. I think I am going to do this instead of the plastic and then wait for the hard tonneau cover with wing in a few months to cover it up. Which spray in are people happy with? Which should I avoid? The most I'll ever haul are some suitcases and maybe my dog (but I would hate to have to punch holes in the tonneau cover). :D
Thanks. Andy

·
Registered
420 Posts
Familytruckster said:
The truck is at the dealer today and I was going to have the plastic liner placed in (similar to the one in my old hemi). I spent the day reading through old posts but I wanted any new information on spray in liners. I think I am going to do this instead of the plastic and then wait for the hard tonneau cover with wing in a few months to cover it up. Which spray in are people happy with? Which should I avoid? The most I'll ever haul are some suitcases and maybe my dog (but I would hate to have to punch holes in the tonneau cover). :D
Thanks. Andy

oh man I HIGHLY recommend the spray bed. for one there is a lifetime warranty.... if it gets messed up, they'll fix it.... The thing is.... dont get the rails done.... it wont look right. The only rail I got done was the one directly behind the window. so neither side rails got done, nor the top of the hatch (underneath the spoiler) got done. now it IS preference, but I personally wouldn't do the side rails. I have seen the front and back rails (behind the window and top of hatch done) and it doesnt look TOO bad.... but definietly do not do the plastic. it looks cheap and it'll scratch paint as it moves on the side rails.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I had my rumblebee sprayed with Rhynoliner(sp?) I loved it, looked great, strong, cargo did not slide....I was very happy with it. BUT,, it is very heavy. They guy that sprayed in mine, said he sprayed in 75+ pounds of material. This is the only reason I will not do this to the SRT-10.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I am having a Line-X sprayed in mine just like DUPA stated except I will have none of the over rails sprayed including the one behind the cab. Their liners look very nice and I should be very pleased when I have it done...I think..

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
we got ours thrown in there, when we bought it, for free. my girl knew the manager, and used her looks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I went w/ line-x under the rails- put my snow mobile and motorcyle back their and its been flawless on my other 2 trucks :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
bedliner

I went with a Bedrug, looks better, almost as durable, dog & suitcases don't slip around. They are removable, yet good at speeds up to 135 so far. And apparently much lighter. ML

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
71demon said:
I had my rumblebee sprayed with Rhynoliner(sp?) I loved it, looked great, strong, cargo did not slide....I was very happy with it. BUT,, it is very heavy. They guy that sprayed in mine, said he sprayed in 75+ pounds of material. This is the only reason I will not do this to the SRT-10.
If I am using the truck as a daily driver the weight really shouldn't be a big deal, right? I assume it is much more important if I am checking my 1/4 mile speed which I probably won't do. At 230 lbs I may get the liner and just go on a diet ;) Andy

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I went with Bedrug on mine but have had Linex on work trucks before. Linex is WAY better than Rhino. Its not as slick, goes on thicker and has a better compound.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I prefer Line-x..chk it out.

makes a big difference in looks and if there were any squeaks, they're gone now... i had Line-x on my 1997 ram (seven years and no rust thru), put it in my 2004 quad cab hemi and now on the srt. As mentioned earlier post, it is guaranteed nationwide...I have not had any problems with the product at all.

Dallas :D

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Rhino Linings are only warranted by the installer. Line-X has a national lifetime warranty. LineX also has a much better product and reputation. Personally, I am doing neither, as they have to destroy the bed in order to protect it. They grind through the primer to bare metal before they spray it. DCX, Ford, and GM all void rust through perforation warrantys on the bed (only). DCX and GM also consider this excess wear on lease vehicles and charge up to $300. For more info, you can visit http://www.bedlinerfacts.com/home.html.

·
Registered
182 Posts
so if they "tear up" the bed to spray on a protective coating, what about the scratches and rusting y drop-in in my old truck left??

~~Eric

·
Registered
90 Posts
I wasn't advocating plastic drop-ins, I was just letting you know the "dangers" (so to speak) of spray-in. Although, the Mopar bedliner is bolted in and fits tightly, reducing wear.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
TommyLee said:
Rhino Linings are only warranted by the installer. Line-X has a national lifetime warranty. LineX also has a much better product and reputation. Personally, I am doing neither, as they have to destroy the bed in order to protect it. They grind through the primer to bare metal before they spray it. DCX, Ford, and GM all void rust through perforation warrantys on the bed (only). DCX and GM also consider this excess wear on lease vehicles and charge up to $300. For more info, you can visit http://www.bedlinerfacts.com/home.html.

I have have the Rhino version in my 04 Hemi 4x4 1500 (I like it cause it is more rubbery) the LineX is rough and hurts your knees, and is noisery.

Tommylee is right, I watched in horror as they took a grinder to my bed and scuffed it to bear metal. It is a permanent solution, I like it, easy to fix. You can get different colors. Red turns pink after a while. White looks GREAT, and bleaches clean.

Linex is WAY thicker, and heavier. Go with a bedrug IMO.

Craig

·
Registered
256 Posts
Bedliner

That's why I went with a Bedrug, I can change my mind if I want to, & go back & forth to a painted bed, so far the BEDRUG has'nt even scuffed the paint underneath. The only drawback is the color, they only have one. It's a very close match to the interior color. Check it out! ML

·
Registered
45 Posts
line-x is flamable after it cures ( dont smoke or carry motorcycle, gas cans, etc..) rhino actually is usually thicker ( the parent company actaully reccomends a thicker cross section than does line-x) but in all reality the big difference in spray in lineers is in the prep work (just like paint work) bad body man or paint man and your truck looks like ****/ bad liner guy and you wont be happy. your absolute best bet if you wanna go with a liner is shop around ALL you local spray in shops not just the two mentioned here and look at all the personal trucks of the employees that work there.
btw i went with the bedrug and could have gotten a liner for free

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Go with a bedrug IMO.

Here, Here! I have had them in the past and intend on getting one for the Srt-10. Great product, and they are dog and knee friendly!!!! :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I still don't know what the hell to do. I really like the clean, finished look of Line-X. The thickness of Rhino spounds appealing, but destroying my truck to do it is a little worrisome. I looked at the bedrugs on line. Does anybody have one that was specifically fitted for our trucks. Can they get wet without a problem or do you need a bedcover? Andy

1 - 20 of 31 Posts