SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge on how long of a production run the SRT-10 will have? With the death for now of the Lightning, you wonder what Dodge is thinking about this niche vehicle? You know they will keep the Viper because of the Corvette but with no competition for the time being for the Beast, we could really be owning something very very unique. If they continue production with it in '06 with the new face we could own the best looking model of the SRT. I guess I was just bored. Sorry. Droopy :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
the current ram undergoes a minor refresh for 2006. However, the current line is going to survive until at least 2008, when the next redesign is supposedly due.

you'll probably see the SRT-10 for at least that long (and we've seen companies release old lines - like the 2004 lightning - along with the new ones).

·
Registered
14 Posts
you better buy them now! the war is over, the 500hp V-10 won. they have no reason to improve or keep losing money on a 45K viper truck, that is using their most expensive flagship's vehicle drivetrain . buy them, store them and contact Barrett/Jackson in 20 years

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
MRBBQMAN said:
you better buy them now! the war is over, the 500hp V-10 won. they have no reason to improve or keep losing money on a 45K viper truck, that is using their most expensive flagship's vehicle drivetrain . buy them, store them and contact Barrett/Jackson in 20 years
Boy are you uninformed! They make good money on these trucks. All SRT vehicle must make money. Even with the Viper which is more economical now because of these trucks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
do you know the posted R&D cost of the SRT-10 ram alone????

btw: the Lightning is one of Ford's most profitable vehicles, they are being discontinued because Ford has, and will continue losing their azz on each one built and sold

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
MRBBQMAN said:
do you know the posted R&D cost of the SRT-10 ram alone????
No what is it? That would be why you keep selling them. To get back your investment. Why don't you back up your "keep losing money" statement.

I'm lost on that last statement of your post. Are you saying that Ford loses money on their most profitable vehicle?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I saw a program on TV from the Ford custom shop with the Lightning show car and they said they will have a Lightning in 2006.

This horsepower war is not over just regrouping. Ford "owned" the segment of high performance stock trucks until the SRT showed up, they'll be back with the new bodied F150.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i do have an 11sec 2500 Ram V-10 built with "concept" Ram T-Rex motor parts donated from Mopar Racing, and the truck has been in Mopar Muscle mag, and 2 Lightnings since the return in 99 and do know a little about both "camps" ,and i know, you don't ever argue with the guy that controls the microphone, or in this case "the moderator". so i will end my stay here as "uninformed"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts