SRT10 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I REALLY hope this is true

Unless the slicks are enabling the use of MUCH more than 500 hp stock it would take an insanely large shot of spray to make a 5150 pound truck go 10.8.

Scot

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to call complete BS on this one. I live in Jacksonville, FL, 40 minutes from Gainseville. I'm in a huge truck club with multiple members who drag race their trucks. I hang out with even more "street racers" who go to G-ville everynight they are open to run. I would of either a:) heard about the truck or b:) seen it in person, as I go to G-ville all the time as well. That post was made 12/06/03, the night before that was slippier then owl cum, no way a truck would of ran that quick, and I would of heard about it. The week before, I was there, no such truck, before that, no one in my grapevine had seen the truck, and I dont believe the trucks were available yet. Not saying its impossible for an SRT10 on the bottle to run that quick, but that story is BS.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well, Slicks would allow you to launch at a good rpm and still hook up. You'd probably be able to knock off 1/2 a second of your ET, maybe more.

Tony

·
Registered
6 Posts
I call BS................a 150 shot............if it gave the SRT10 a true 150 HP is still only cranking out 650 FLYWHEEL hp............not enough HP/TQ to get a 5K+ truck in to the 10's. I know of several L's running that much power and more and still stuck in the 11's with many other traction, transmission and other mods.

The SRT10 is gonna be a badazz truck to have around to compete with.........I just cant say that this story has any teeth.

Jimmy

·
Registered
57 Posts
Be interested to see a twin-turbo setup will do. I wonder if KRC or Hughes be interesting in making a set.

Though, changing out the restrictive air intake and longtube headers/exhaust will bring in around 50-70HP more.

·
Registered
599 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.