SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum ..... just ordered the new SRT-10 Quad Cab.
Question on the spoiler.....at what speed does it really impact the
truck performance; has anyone removed to see technical impact?
....thanks

·
Registered
974 Posts
larbob said:
I am new to this forum ..... just ordered the new SRT-10 Quad Cab.
Question on the spoiler.....at what speed does it really impact the
truck performance; has anyone removed to see technical impact?
....thanks
Don't quote me on this but I believe it's @ 140 MPH Oh yeah and welcome to the forum..

·
Registered
688 Posts
Well, I wouldn't call it pure science, but I removed mine because I wanted a tonneau cover (fiberglass, not fabric) and have found much better high speed (120+) stability without it. This seems to be especially true on deceleration.

We know Dodge went through some real testing on that wing, but wonder if all they tested on was an open bed. I'd like to venture that the tonneau has significantly reduced lift at those speeds. I'm personally wondering what my results would be if a spoiler was added to the tonneau. Gotta find something nice that ain't rice. :cool:

·
Registered
732 Posts
i added a hard cover to my srt 10 and noticed at about 75-85 i get major major vibrations from the ass end of the truck

the air actually flows over the truck and under/over the wing bouncing off the cover acting all shady like

1st time it happened i though i blew a tire on the eway

but i will tell you when the bed was open at 120+ the ass end of the truck stayed glued to the road

JD

top speed to date (from the speedo 137) and i ran that for a while on the e way

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Rolex Dr. said:
i added a hard cover to my srt 10 and noticed at about 75-85 i get major major vibrations from the ass end of the truck

the air actually flows over the truck and under/over the wing bouncing off the cover acting all shady like

1st time it happened i though i blew a tire on the eway

but i will tell you when the bed was open at 120+ the ass end of the truck stayed glued to the road

JD

top speed to date (from the speedo 137) and i ran that for a while on the e way
JD

Sounds like you need to start using some Nascar lingo....."truck is tight in and loose out, thought I had a left rear tire down, beter come in for a slight wedge adjustment and quarter turn to get more downforce".........or you could just drop the tailgate like you did!!!

I was told if your caught at 100mph or higher, free ride to jail and vehicle is impounded on Maui!!! ouch!! Cant I just pay a fine??!!!

patrick

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:
I was told if your caught at 100mph or higher, free ride to jail and vehicle is impounded on Maui!!! ouch!! Cant I just pay a fine??!
I've felt cold steel on my wrists for doing 100+ in Texas.:(

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
9 seconds said:
I've felt cold steel on my wrists for doing 100+ in Texas.:(
I had the same thing happen to me on a sunny Sunday afternoon in La Mesa Ca. for reckless driving/exhibition of speed. I was 19. I did a 435' burnout in front of my my house and it really irritated my neighbors. Measured by the cops and in the police report. The smoke was bad but the exhaust was uncapped too. One of my neighbors son in law (a lawyer) came and chewed my butt out. It was probably gonna pass untill the end when he poked his finger in my chest and asked what would have happened if his kids had been playinging the street. I told him that it was all smoke and noise and I had not gone over 30 MPH. But he would be negligent for letting them play in the street. He turned purple stomped off and 15 minutes later the cops showed up. I had been working on the car for about 1.5 days straight and was very dirty. The officer was another neighbor and friend. I asked him if I had to go to jail and he said yes he had no choice. I asked him if I could take a shower and he said Ok just come out and go to jail when your done. The lawyer went balistic. The neighbors were split into 2 camps 2/3 wanted me to go to jail. The other 1/3 didn't as I did their car repair work. I got a lawyer and went to court and the DA forgot to subpoena Mr. lawyer so it was thrown out. Have I ever run my mouth like that again; no. I learned the hard way. $3000.00 in Att fee's in 1968 was a lot of money. Like everything else I created that situation and made it worse with my mouth.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
9 seconds said:
You can't tell that story and not mention what kind of car left a 435' burnout!
Steve it was a 1966 Tri power Olds 442 that I was running J/SS. The best the car ran was 12.16 at 116.55. It had 4.56's with a 2.54 Muncie. I used to flat tow with a tow bar. For towing I had 775X14 Uniroyal rain tires. The tread had to be all of 4" wide. These were the tires that were on the car at the time. For the burnout I dropped the hammer in 2nd gear at 5000 and power shifted into 3rd.
I had to feather the gas to keep it at 5000. Lots of smoke and noise but very little speed. The street was slightly uphill so it went on forever. Boy did I think it was cool when I was doing it. That was untill the LMPD showed up. I have not done anything quite so stupid in a vehicle since.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts