SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this would be a great match up. The new Chevy 05 SSR has the 6.0L LS2 Engine. 0-60 MPH is in the low 5's apparently and it *only* weighs 4,600 lbs.

What do you guys think? Which truck would be faster?

·
Registered
235 Posts
alextaylor29 said:
I think this would be a great match up. The new Chevy 05 SSR has the 6.0L LS2 Engine. 0-60 MPH is in the low 5's apparently and it *only* weighs 4,600 lbs.

What do you guys think? Which truck would be faster?
ram srt-10. it still comes with a slushbox and i thought it weigh more like 5000 pounds, that removeable hardtop isnt lite.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
At 390 hp and 4764 lbs the SSR is greatly improved and no longer just a poser. However, while being only 386 lbs. lighter but having 110 less ponies, it still doesn't have the power to weight ratio it needs to play with the SRT-10.

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
earl lee said:
ram srt-10. it still comes with a slushbox and i thought it weigh more like 5000 pounds, that removeable hardtop isnt lite.
Wrong Buddy - 6 Speed is also available now! :cool:

Still though, I think Motor Trend said it ET's in the high 13's.

Guess it'll depend on wether or not the SRT driver, and the SSR driver, can actually drive? :D

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Faster or not, that thing is still funky looking.....way too plastic toy like for me!! Whats the msrp now with the added muscle? Is it more than the srt10? :confused: I'll stick with my truck..

patrick

·
Registered
196 Posts
SRT-10 vs Chevy 05 SSR?
SVT Lightning.
I'm just messing with you guys, but I think it will come down to a drivers race. I know the guys who bought the 04 should be pissed!!!!

·
Banned
582 Posts
maybe they built that many,but i don't think their selling, iv'e seen quite a few sitting at various dealers!

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Yeah I think I saw a sale on them 2 for a dollar down at dollar general. But yeah they are'nt selling, I think the price was to high to start with.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
sanchoba said:
maybe they built that many,but i don't think their selling, iv'e seen quite a few sitting at various dealers!
I've seen more Ram SRT-10s on the road in the 5 weeks I've had mine than I've seen SSRs since they started selling them.

·
Registered
974 Posts
OrgasmicSVT said:
SVT Lightning.
I'm just messing with you guys, but I think it will come down to a drivers race. I know the guys who bought the 04 should be pissed!!!!
Why is that? Explain that remark :mad:

·
Banned
582 Posts
I Think He Meant 04' Ssr With The 300 Hp Motor!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah the 04 SSR came with a 5.3 liter engine right out of the Tahoe. The 05 SSR is getting the new Vette / GTO, 6.0L engine. Both the 04 and 05 retailed for about the same price.

Regarding the looks of the two, the SRT-10 is WAY more agressive and 'beefy' looking. It sits higher and it's overall styling IMHO is perfect for a performance truck.

The SSR sits much lower, and looks more like a 'show truck' if that makes sense. The retractable top is pretty cool however, but given the same price I'd take the SRT-10.

The *only* caveat to this is the inexpensive mods available for the Ls1 and Ls2 egine. For a paltry $5,000 you could easily have the SSR running 12's with it's auto and doing 0-60 MPH in the 4 second range.

Anyway, just something to think about I guess. Overally both are very cool peformance trucks for the enthusiast.

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
alextaylor29 said:
The *only* caveat to this is the inexpensive mods available for the Ls1 and Ls2 egine. For a paltry $5,000 you could easily have the SSR running 12's with it's auto and doing 0-60 MPH in the 4 second range.
I fully understand what you are saying but, IMO, with the right driver the SRT is already capable of this stock, and would be most certainly attainable for less than $1K in mods, letalone $5K. Again, IMO. ;) :D

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Guys we got the truck everybody is going to badmouth. For 5000 we can make a ssr faster, for x amount we can make a ford faster, well the fact is the ram has set the standard stock, no supercharger nothing just 10 cylinders. Sooner or later one of the other manufactures will beat it but for now we are kings of the road. Stock for stock, it can't be beat. live with it.Total domination, but of course the silver trucks might have a tougher time.lololol :p

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
stinker said:
Guys we got the truck everybody is going to badmouth. For 5000 we can make a ssr faster, for x amount we can make a ford faster, well the fact is the ram has set the standard stock, no supercharger nothing just 10 cylinders.
Very true.

·
Registered
5 Posts
alextaylor29 said:
Very true.
No arguement here. The SRT is the undisputed King of the Hill . My wife works for a Chevy dealer. They have had some problems moving their SSR's for the last couple of months. I'm sure the weather has had something to do with that, but I think the real problem is they let the cat out of the bag about the 05 upgrades prior to getting the 04's off the lots. Not wise.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts