SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an srt grill logo, but it doesn't line up with the honeycomb grill I just put in. How did those of you who did this mount the emblem to the grill? Some 3M tape? Did you cut on the emblem?

Thanks,
Gordon

·
Registered
475 Posts
Pics of the emblem???? The one I used had 2 threaded studs that I put through the air diffuser behind the grill................If no studs I would just use high strength 3M for outdoor use and you should be good......

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Fake it til you make it! Double-sided tape, zip ties, threaded studs... whatever works. Now hawk, why don't you have a nice Viper emblem from Joanne yet? :smile:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Nothing threaded here... i believe it is designed to pop into the grill of a charger or challenger. The snap-in pegs don't line up with the honeycomb. Sorry about the crappy quality.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
3M for sure........
I was thinking of small zip ties/3M combined... I would thread the small zip ties through the 3M. That way, if the stick to the honeycomb failed, the zip ties would keep it from falling off completely. Too much? Just stick it on with the 3M?

·
Registered
11 Posts
You have a nice truck bud congrats. Don't half-ass it with that one, they sell the screw and plate backed SRT emblems on Ebay for like $15 or so....you'll be happy with that one.

Good luck with your truck..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
You have a nice truck bud congrats. Don't half-ass it with that one, they sell the screw and plate backed SRT emblems on Ebay for like $15 or so....you'll be happy with that one.

Good luck with your truck..
Thanks!

I believe this is the one you're talking about.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DODGE-RAM-CHARGER-CHALLENGER-NEON-CALIBER-SRT4-SRT10-SRT8-SRT-GRILL-EMBLEM-NEW-/191067687614?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c7c858abe&vxp=mtr

I bought the OEM mopar one (paid almost $40) dimensions are similar, but this one has nice raised letters and is thicker. There is definitely a difference. I just wish it worked with the grill, but I'm not surprised it didn't.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Charger-Challenger-SRT-Grill-Emblem-5030355ab-OEM-Mopar-New-06-12-/151152223203?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item23315fe3e3&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's the one I was talking about, and I agree that the one you have has a little more pronounced definition.

With that being said ......most people only see our taillights so the cheapie on the front will do ya fine.

Do you have the flip kit for your caltracs ?? I'm looking at options.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's the one I was talking about, and I agree that the one you have has a little more pronounced definition.

With that being said ......most people only see our taillights so the cheapie on the front will do ya fine.

Do you have the flip kit for your caltracs ?? I'm looking at options.
I have limited experience with traction bars... first time for me. All I know is the seller mentioned that he had them installed and I looked underneath to verify. How would I know if it had the flip kit?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I have limited experience with traction bars... first time for me. All I know is the seller mentioned that he had them installed and I looked underneath to verify. How would I know if it had the flip kit?
Are the leaf springs above or below the rear axle?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The way I see it...

Truck Bed
Leaf Springs
Axle
Traction Bars
Pavement
Can you post a pic of the leaf spring shackles? It sounds like you only have lowering shackles and not an axle flip.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts