SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
403 rear wheel hp through the auto. Not too bad. This truck is getting a cold air kit and Magnaflow now. Will post the before and after dyno sheet later on.

Its been a busy day.

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
John need you expertise, Joanne just got her QC, and we do plan to use it to tow our trailer with. My ? is, will the shorty headers be ok, over the $ of long tubes, #2 will going to 3" pipes be that much of a benifit over the stock size? and we do plan to remove the cats and go to only 2 hi flo's. Our main concern naturally is torque. Thanks

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stinker said:
John need you expertise, Joanne just got her QC, and we do plan to use it to tow our trailer with. My ? is, will the shorty headers be ok, over the $ of long tubes.
I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SHORTY HEADERS FOR THE SRT. I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY BEFORE AND AFTER DYNO NUMBERS THAT INDICATE THEY MAKE ANY POWER AT ALL. MY GUESS IS THAT IF THEY DO ADD POWER ITS VERY SMALL.

#2 will going to 3" pipes be that much of a benifit over the stock size?
THE MAGNAFLOW WILL MAKE MORE POWER AND TORQUE. THIS IS PROVEN.

and we do plan to remove the cats and go to only 2 hi flo's. Our main concern naturally is torque. Thanks
YOU HAVE 4 CATS IN THERE. IF YOU ADD THE HIGH FLOWS IN PLACE OF THE SECONDARY CATS IT MIGHT BE WORTH A FEW HP.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO TOW, I SUGGEST DOING A MAGNAFLOW AND COLD AIR KIT AND LEAVE IT AT THAT. LONG TUBE HEADERS WOULD GAIN MORE TORQUE IF THEY ARE IN YOUR BUDGET. TAKE CARE.

·
Registered
105 Posts
the srt's have 4 cats.... damn that suxs ass i thought that was a ford thing... my last dodge ram only had 2 which i cut out and made 1... do you think its better to do that or should i try an make it into 1 cat?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts