SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Saturday I was going to a SVT meeting with a freind, My nephew (Chris) and Michael were also going in his 04'Lightning. At about 65 MPH he pulled up along side me and I shifted into third gear and punched it. I got about 3/4 lenth on him and he "passed" me before I shifted to fourth gear at a fast rate. We tried it again with the same results. We raced to 130MPH and he kept pulling away. I have owned several Lightnings and know a stock one can't touch the SRT's.
Chris's truck has just a few bolt on's 4# pully, Apten porting, air system, Preditor,Magnaflow mid-pipes and catback.I was shocked that the Lightning ran that good on the top end,because that's where the SRT pull's hard.Larry

·
Registered
329 Posts
From my point of view it looks like the SRT just crapped out a lightning. :D :D :D :D :p But I'm a little biased.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Roktman said:
Yea,But the SRT-10 looks 10 times better than the Furd. :)
There is no doubt about that!! Could be the driver too!!! Sorry Larry...LOL!

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
fair enough but mofo has a supercharger on the way....then i think the results will be a little different

·
Registered
180 Posts
SRTFirefighter said:
From my point of view it looks like the SRT just crapped out a lightning. :D :D :D :D :p But I'm a little biased.
ROFLMAO !!!

Hey guys you got to remember your tailgates damn near as high as our roofs LOL
your pushin a bigger BRICK, still fun playin though :cool:

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
CrazyChris said:
Kenne Bell makes a blower for our trucks thats nice. The stock block just cant handle much past 450rwhp for very long on our trucks.
I figured a stout bottom end wasn't what was going to make it faster but what you could do with a stout bottom end that would do it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Stock Lightnings do handle more then 500+hp Fact

I run a KB at up to 23lbs of boost the only and most criticle problem is Traction. I make 530hp & 600tq
And another Lightning with N2O Juice that I ported and worked on make's 529hp & 708tq

So theres some proof.
I'll be working on 2 more trucks in the coming weeks with the same juice setup to produce almost the exact numbers.

Myself and the juice'd truck will be at Qualcom on friday maybe we'll see some the local SRT's there?
PEASE!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Red BOLT said:
I run a KB at up to 23lbs of boost the only and most criticle problem is Traction. I make 530hp & 600tq
And another Lightning with N2O Juice that I ported and worked on make's 529hp & 708tq

So theres some proof.
I'll be working on 2 more trucks in the coming weeks with the same juice setup to produce almost the exact numbers.
OMG! Those poor pistons and heads! Do you guys carry new cylinder heads in the pass. seat, just in case one flys thru the hood when you hit the NO2 on that nice straighaway outside of Barstow?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hey...that's cool. Whatever turns your crank. (Pun fully intended)

I just have this paranoia about heads 'liberating' themselves after watching the 460 on a '75 T-bird upchuck a head and dent the hood.....from the passenger seat. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Supercharged SRT-10?

Kennebell on a 500 HP Viper motor? SICK!!!

Jesus, how the hell is he going to get traction after a blower install? :confused:

I have yet to see an SRT-10 around South Florida, but I don't get out much these days.

Sweet trucks guys! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts