SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With great excitement John phoned these numbers to me, on my Venom 800 Twin Turbo Silver Bullet.

1st Run
60' 1.87
1/8 7.57 @98.1
1/4 11.51 @119.8
28" Slick tires in back

They hit the rev limiter 150' before the end of track (Apparently 5th gear takes to long to get into).

Track: San Antonio Speed/Race Way
Temp:84 degrees

Last Run

I'm sure John will fill in some additional numbers later tonight. They are on their way back from the track now. I'm taking bets, that the truck gets into the high 10's in the not to distant future! (PM me for private wagers, Visa/Mc welcome) :) :)

Way to go JOHN! and Crew!

·
Registered
732 Posts
WOW thats dang impressive

now i am not a guy that works on cars, i ust dont have the time or the experience

but isn't half the fun of getting a car to go faster then it was intended by the maker, doing the work on it

I am not knocking anyone i just figured if i want to go fast i would like to be the one atleast testing it not hearing it via phone call

no flaming just asking

JD

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Good numbers, Congrats on being the 1st in the 11's you are breaking new ground. John what do you launch at with the nitto's? The track #'S concur exactly with what you have posted as far as dyno #'s. High 600's at rear wheels. Good deal...................Jack

Quote With great excitement John phoned these numbers to me, on my Venom 800 Twin Turbo Silver Bullet.

1st Run
60' 1.87
1/8 7.57 @98.1
1/4 11.51 @119.8
28" Slick tires in back

They hit the rev limiter 150' before the end of track (Apparently 5th gear takes to long to get into).

Track: San Antonio Speed/Race Way
Temp:84 degrees

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hi Jack, we were launching in the 4000-4500 rpm range. There is a lot of potential in these trucks. I cant think of anything else that weighs 5400 lbs that goes 11.2 in the 1/4 mile??? And 11.2 is just scratching the surface on a first trip to the track with some traction. More to come soon.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Nice numbers John, if anybody can get that 10 second pass im sure it is you. Would be a record for a production truck, first year run in the 10's the same year. Pretty nice.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rolex Dr. said:
WOW thats dang impressive
now i am not a guy that works on cars, i ust dont have the time or the experience
but isn't half the fun of getting a car to go faster then it was intended by the maker, doing the work on it
I am not knocking anyone i just figured if i want to go fast i would like to be the one atleast testing it not hearing it via phone call
no flaming just asking
JD

I can see your point JD. However, I'm not one to get my hands dirty. I own a couple of Race Horses, but I don't clean their stalls, or ride them :). For me the fun is in the bragging rights. I mean sure I could go grab an SVT, change the pully, add some nitro, and for a lot less money have a Ford that I fiddled with myself that would crush my SRT/10, besides what I know about the workings of an internal engine wouldn't fill shot glass :) Let alone Turbos :)

Craig

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
9 seconds said:
The rev. limiter would be at 124 mph in 4th gear. Great numbers! Way to go.

Steve
Thanks!
How did you come up with that number Steve?

Craig

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
John Hennessey said:
Hi Jack, we were launching in the 4000-4500 rpm range. There is a lot of potential in these trucks. I cant think of anything else that weighs 5400 lbs that goes 11.2 in the 1/4 mile??? And 11.2 is just scratching the surface on a first trip to the track with some traction. More to come soon.
\John,

Great job!!!

I am curious as if you are running the stock clutch, if not, what are u using?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Marc T said:
\John,

Great job!!!

I am curious as if you are running the stock clutch, if not, what are u using?
Hey Marc T... Using the same setup as Boomer (Dual Friction Centerforce, upgraded fluid, and GTS slave cylinder)

Craig

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
SRT10x3 said:
Hey Marc T... Using the same setup as Boomer (Dual Friction Centerforce, upgraded fluid, and GTS slave cylinder)

Craig
Thanks Craig,

Thats the same set up I have except with the lightweight flywheel. I feel a little betternow. If it will stand up to those HP #'s it will surely be sufficient for my truck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts