SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the pride and joy in to get the clutch checked out. Turned out it's in ship shape. Picked it up, drove it across the street to the dealerships I was working at today... and boy oh boy!

Clutch works better now (dunno what they did) but too bad they put a nice dent on my freakin hood! Right on the left crease of it. Dent! FREAKIN DENT. I'm so mad I can't even tell you. They said they'll pay to have it fixed. I said that's great, but if it's not absolutely PERFECT ( i do bodywork, so I will see anything under 100%) I told them they WILL provide a brand new hood AND will have a PROFICIENT bodyshop paint it.

What really blows my mind is that they know who I am. I do paintwork for the dealership. They knew it was my truck. They should be careful and respectbale to ANY vehicle they do service on, but ESPECIALLY IF IT'S SOMEONE WHO WORKS THERE AND IS REAL GOOD BUDDIES WITH EVERY @#$%^&*(* MANAGER THERE, YOU KNOW!?!?!? Gawddang.

I'm ranting like a schoolgirl who had her lollypop stolen, I know. But man, this just took alot of wind out of my sails.

:(

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
cmicah83 said:
Took the pride and joy in to get the clutch checked out. Turned out it's in ship shape. Picked it up, drove it across the street to the dealerships I was working at today... and boy oh boy!

Clutch works better now (dunno what they did) but too bad they put a nice dent on my freakin hood! Right on the left crease of it. Dent! FREAKIN DENT. I'm so mad I can't even tell you. They said they'll pay to have it fixed. I said that's great, but if it's not absolutely PERFECT ( i do bodywork, so I will see anything under 100%) I told them they WILL provide a brand new hood AND will have a PROFICIENT bodyshop paint it.

:(
You know what is ODD. Two of my trucks had the same thing happen. I thnk there is an issue when they raise the hood on the lift or something. Dent was in the same spot on both trucks. I opted for new hoods and for them to re-clear coat the vehicle.

Rant like a school girl. Its your truck, and they messed it up. :)

Craig

·
Registered
144 Posts
Curious if they proactively told you about the dent or did you have to discover the problem yourself. I had a huge scratch on my new '82 Vette after a visit to the dealership and the mechanic knew about the scratch but did not tell me. I went back to the dealership and chewed butt on that one.

Hope it gets fixed to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
You are totally in the right to be pissed, rant , all of the above!!!!! I would be completly outraged myself as well.....

If I am reading your post correctly I think you are our first female srt10 owner member of this board!!!!! Very cool if thats the case.

patrick

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Never thought anything of it.. seen this small dent on the hood on the left side where it is raised.. on the side where it starts to curve .. BUT now that you guys have had the same experience maybe there is something to it :( Its a wierd place.. I thought maybe the kids where playing in the street and a football landed on it or something.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
4,025 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
my 1st one (the red one had the same dent brand new from day 1) dent guy got it out perfectly

whats funny is i think it happens when people (non owners of this truck) wash them and they climb up on the tire to wash/dry the windshield and lean on the hood

the dent guy did my hood at my store in the parking lot in about 1 hour
he was saying that on the rams (and other trucks with big windshields) that he is always removing similar minor hood dents

Just a thought

JD

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To answer everything:

I found the dent myself.

No, I'm not a female. Avatar is the love of my life and the wife. You know how it goes. :p I am everything shy of contractually bound to keep a picture of her in the truck at all times so I can't pick up on ladies. So, I just put it over the gas guage hahahah.

I know a very good dent guy that is going to do it for free. I'm telling you, some of the dents I've seen this guy pull are just mindblowing. Any of you in the southern california area ever need a good dent guy, I got the man for you. Helluva nice guy too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts