SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have an 05' reg cab on order and was wondering how many of you all have ran straight pipes w/ no muffler. For those who have:

1) How is the sound, obviously it will be louder, but is it a nice quality sound rather than a "something must be wrong" sound?

2) I had a Lightning and straight piped it and I thought it just sounded bad (as in not good). It sounded like an old truck w/ a glasspack.

3) Thanks for any insight on this matter.

J.R.
Denver, CO

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I ran straight pipes on my '99 Viper for quite a while. IMO that is the best it ever sounded. My stepson is always asking when I'm going to put it back that way. I've got it smog legal right now. As for the SRT, I started mine up with just the cats on before I put on the Magnaflow exhaust. If that notch in the rear bumper cover wasn't there, I would have put on a couple of short extensions and some turn downs and been done with it. Done until the headers go in, that is.

·
Registered
160 Posts
just do it

I have straight pipes on my truck, and now it sounds like it should. The stock muffler sucks, I couldnt tell if I was in a SRT-10 or an Escalade. Now when I nail it I get goose bumps. The best part is that I took it to the local muffler shop and for only $100 the took it off and bent and installed the stainless pipes. DO IT!!!!!!! You won't be disapointed.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
jimmyg79 said:
I have straight pipes on my truck, and now it sounds like it should. The stock muffler sucks, I couldnt tell if I was in a SRT-10 or an Escalade. Now when I nail it I get goose bumps. The best part is that I took it to the local muffler shop and for only $100 the took it off and bent and installed the stainless pipes. DO IT!!!!!!! You won't be disapointed.
How about some photos, and maybe a soud clip??

·
Registered
974 Posts
Marc T said:
How about some photos, and maybe a soud clip??
Yeah pics and sound bit.. It's not to loud around town etc ??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts