·
Registered
4,025 Posts
heh you stole my dyno printout man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

patrick

·
Registered
329 Posts
Nice!! And everybody said mine was running fine at 423 HP with and exhaust and intake... LIKE HELL!!

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah Ya know I see alot of people talking about dyno #s and kinda wish I hadn't posted this. I've road raced motorcycles for years now and all dyno's are different. It really depends on the altitude and temp and so-on of your location. I've dyno'd a bike in charleston sc then go to a race in va and be over when dyno'd after the race. Some of the dyno's go by weight of the vehicle also. I have actually taken my 01 gsxr1000 to sc and put out 161hp to the rear wheel, then come to charlotte 2 days later and only put out 152 hp, then go ot the race where they use a diferent dyno brand alltogether and get 121hp. Don't put so much emphasise on dyno #s, yes one engine will put out more or less than another, and mine also was dead ass rich on the air fuel, I mean flat out rich . KC said he could probaly get another 12-18 hp by leaning it out. He said even the vipers came that way. By the way everyone should check them out , at www.undergroundracing.com they are street racers turned proffesional, as a matter of fact they just won the last two viper nationals. But basically where one guys truck on his dyno may put 423hp to the ground he may come to my dyno and put 453hp to the pavement. Basically You bought a viper the engine has been around for a few years , same engine, they put a few cheaper things on it to lower the price of the truck(per slave cylinder so-on) so that the price would'nt be outrageus. So we got a redneck viper to do awesome burnouts for half price. Dudes enjoy you truck, whether you get dogged by a 4 door yugo or a lamborghini. I just love my truck.

·
Registered
599 Posts
the numbers are big, however that was measured in the correction factor of SAE.

If you convert those number to STD (the industry standard) they will be about 30 hp and 35 trq lower.

Get the dyno file from the place that ran the dyno. (put it on a floppy)
go to www.dynojet.com download their viewer and install it.

open your dyno files and change the correction factor (I think htere are 8 different correction factors) (SAE always gives the highest numbers)
change it to STD and report back with the actual numbers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The #s in my signature were from Underground Racing. Great guys over there. And one hell of a s/c GTS they got too. Here are a few pictures from my last visit there.

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like I said it really don't matter to me what the numbers are, I just love my truck, it smokes the tires easy, and totally destroy's my wifes vette. Even if it made 390 hp it wouldn't matter I just thought I would share it with ya'll. I more or less just wanted a base number to go by when I made changes. And yes those guys in charlotte are awesome!!!!!!!!!! They allready have a srt 10 that someone blew up with nitrous and are going stroker and so-on to 1000 hp they said. But its still cool to brag that it made 440 440 440 44400404040404040404040404040 at the rear lol. Anyway guys soryy it took so long to get back , just stopped in the house for a second, have to leave back out to pick up a load of cable going to memphis tn. I'll be back friday night seeya. If ya happen to see a western star pulling a flatbed going west on I-40 or east the next day in the hammer lane just pull over, its hard to compete with 80,000 lbs and over 550hp of yellow catapillar love. lololol :D :D :D :D :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts