SRT10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, first lemme start with the issue at hand since I'm in the middle of the job.

Plug wire changing, I have the TB off, working on the injector rails. Everywhere I read "pull off 3ea 11mm bolts from both injector rails and just gently pull upwards on the rail. It WILL pop off, injectors and all." something along those lines. Now what exactly is a gentle pull cause I've been tugging up on this thing for over an hour now and not a single injector has even scooted out.

Really hoping to avoid depressurizing and dealing with those stupid clips that I'll prolly wind up losing.

Now for the other issues I have. The reason I'm doing wires is because it has a stuttering under light throttle, no CEL for 130 miles now and before that it was a misfire #5 code so I changed the plugs hoping to avoid this job. Hoping this fixes it, if not its under warranty and there's nothing else I can do maintenance wise.

Anoher issue I have is under full throttle in D (quad cab) it hangs in second, was wondering if there's something that could be out of adjustment, if not then same as above - warranty.

Main problem is my injector removal issues. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
475 Posts
You do know you need to remove the intake manifold to do the wires and may as well do coils while your there. As for the rails they don't pull straight up they are in at a slight angle(can't remember if it's toward the rear or front but they are not straight up) and they will be hard to pop off but they will go, ask me how I know all this...lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah, snowed last night which really hurt my progress. I wound up unclipping and removing the fuel rail from the injectors since it was less of a pain.

I have actually been running the JTSVP wires, but have been wondering how exactly to keep the wires from rubbing under the intake, the little clips on my injector wires (the 5 or so yellow ones that keep em hooked on under the intake) also broke off =\ so I have that to deal with also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did it work?
Yeah. I broke most of the OE clips, too, so I had to try something. It doesn't look awesome, but it works. The wires I got were longer than I thought they needed to be. Manufacturers told me to stuff the excess under the intake manifold, and it would be fine, but I routed them outside anyway.

Sent from my SM-T807V using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.