SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does something like this fit under the backseat in the QCs?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROCKFORD-FO...DUAL-12-SUB-BOX-PACKAGE-P3SD412-/260851244711

I currently have a Fosgate replacing the factory sub but the amp i put in can easily push 2 12s just wondering if this box would fit and allow the seats to come back down fully. I'm away from my truck right no so cant see if there is a gap between the seats and the storage space.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yeah it'll fit and the seats will go down. I'm running that setup right now, but with 10's. I added 1" spacers to the seat to give it a little extra clearance but even without doing that the box fit like a champ.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
i had this set up with a fiberglass box for 2 12" square woofers that fit perfect without a spacer.. i actually have the box for sale. you can have it for 150.. its black and it looks good! but that set up is great let me know if you want to see a pic

·
Registered
669 Posts
The spacers werent required, I did it just so they would have even more room to breath, but even without them there is more than enough clearance

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
I went with an MTX Thunderform box I picked up on eBay for $92. I loaded it with two JL Audio 10s and they have about 1" of clearance with the stock back seat. That box even left enough room in the center for me to mount my amp, too.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Think i will give this box a test, i have the amp under the driver seat so not worried about additional space just wanted to make sure the seats would come back down to the flush position and not be proped up because of the speakers. The fiberglass box sounds cool but i want something to match the carpet so that way it doesnt stand out so much. Thanks for all the input.

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Just bear in mind that you can only see about 8" of the front and even less on the sides. That eBay link was awfully expensive... Those boxes go for $70 all day elsewhere... Am I missing something besides the RF name?

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Probably not, it just seemed like a good price including the speakers but after searching the speakers on ebay they can be bought for $75 so thats $150 for 2 and then if the box can be bought for $70??

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Nothin like a little Google searching to save big bucks! Amazon also sells MDF boxes, otherwise eBay is a good choice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If the size of the spare tire does not match your car, maybe you can consider installing wheel spacers instead of repurchasing wheels. However, many people have mixed opinions on spacers. I think in order to ensure safety, we must buy high-quality spacers and install them correctly. Remember to use the spacers with hub centric, that can aviod the problem of vehicle vibration.

I had BONOSS wheel spacers 20mm on my car for almost 21,000 miles, with no issues whatsoever.
Maybe you can try what I installed.

They can customize the thickness and data that I want, so that I can install new tires with different data, and the customization time is very fast, just 1~3 days.
They have aluminum alloy 7075-T6 and 6061-T6 options. 7075-T6 will be more expensive but better in quality. In fact, 6065-T6 is good enough. Its tensile strength, yield strength and elongation can support our normal use. And its lugs are grade T10, studs are forged grade 12.9.

If you need it in the future, this is their case article.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts