SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Hope everyone had a good weekend.
I did a search for sunroof and ended up a little less confused than when I started. Is the general consensus that later production '05 trucks will have the option of the sunroof while those that are going to be made in the near future will not have it as an option. The dealer's stance is that it is not an option on the SRT10.
If waiting an extra couple weeks can get me a sunroof from the factory I think I will wait. I don't mind the aftermarket world but a sunroof in South Florida where we get plenty of rain is not something I want to mess around with.
simon

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
The best info I've seen is from Bill "The Man" Pemberton. He stated, as you did, that it will be a late '05 availibility. I think late '05 is more than a couple of weeks away. Are you talking Quad Cab or are they available in the regular cab?

·
Registered
24 Posts
sunroof

I have a SRT-10 QC and was told Chrysler tested with a sunroof and
decided not to offer on SRT-10. Similar to the tonneau cover
with wing option.

·
Registered
52 Posts
According to DCX sources:

Sunroof Option will be available for order within the next four weeks. The sunroofs have been restricted on all trucks (not just SRT10) because the DCX engineers want to make sure that everything is perfect (windnoise, NVH, BSR's etc.) and since this is not a SRT specific option, the SRT10 has to follow suit.

The Stamped Aluminum tonneau with integral wing will be available 1st quarter 2005 calendar year - there were several major delays due to the uniqueness of this cover compared to other panels out there... it is stamped aluminum inner and outer and has undergone several redisgns to optimize durability, outer panel surface finish, and ease of use (removal, latching, snow load, etc). Word is from people that have seen the latest panels that they are extremely nice and are worth the wait...

Stay tuned for more info...

Toohigh

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
toohigh guy,
man, that is some great info, thanks. I will call the sales guy tomorrow and ask him not to place that order until he sees the sunroof and tonneau as options.
Have a great Thanksgiving y'all...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts