SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see their are a few of us that have SC's, but I have not seen any 1/4 times posted. Can you guys post some times? This will help me in my next upgrade decision :)

Thx,
Titan

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on some one has to have an answer. :D

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Gm

Titan said:
Come on some one has to have an answer. :D

I am very curious too.

They are either

1. Snowed in
2. Girlie men that are afraid of the truck
3. **** drive
4. Just wanna bee's

One of you guys has to have run your truck.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUICKSILVER said:
How about you Jack...ever run that S/C Exped. :D

What gives Quicksilver?? Come on down with some data man :D

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Blnaway

QUICKSILVER said:
How about you Jack...ever run that S/C Exped. :D
I ran it when it was new with 500 miles on the truck. It ran 15.60 at 90 MPH at Carlsbad. I just left it drive and let it shift itself. It might have gone 1 to 2 tenths faster if I played with shifting it manually as it short shifted at 5100 to 5200 RPM's in drive. I never ran it stock. I had everything installed in less than 200 miles. It probably improved it a little over 2 seconds and about 8-9 MPH. Just a 6000 pound ORCA............Jack

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
fstjack said:
I ran it when it was new with 500 miles on the truck. It ran 15.60 at 90 MPH at Carlsbad. I just left it drive and let it shift itself. It might have gone 1 to 2 tenths faster if I played with shifting it manually as it short shifted at 5100 to 5200 RPM's in drive. I never ran it stock. I had everything installed in less than 200 miles. It probably improved it a little over 2 seconds and about 8-9 MPH. Just a 6000 pound ORCA............Jack

Those are pretty close to my Expedition times... I ran 15.06 and 15.14 at Sears Point (now Infineon Raceway)... Looks like the only difference in mods between yours and mine is I have a shift kit and a chip. Agree, they are heavy pigs but it is always fun to 'whistle' by someone and see their expression. ;)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Yours is faster than mine.

mmmmtorque said:
Those are pretty close to my Expedition times... I ran 15.06 and 15.14 at Sears Point (now Infineon Raceway)... Looks like the only difference in mods between yours and mine is I have a shift kit and a chip. Agree, they are heavy pigs but it is always fun to 'whistle' by someone and see their expression. ;)
Yours is much quicker than mine. What was your MPH? Did you always have the chip with the blower? I am not going to high jack this thread any further.

The burning question is. Has anybody with a blower on their SRT-10 Ram run it at the strip? I cannot believe that all the guys with blowers on their trucks (especially the silver one's) did it just to impress the guys at the Tastee Freeze. All you with blowers that have not run yet must sit around Saturday night putting your weiners in a meat grinder for fun...LOL Get with it guys do the DRAG STRIP BOOGIE. Inquiring minds want to know..........Jack

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
fstjack said:
around Saturday night putting your weiners in a meat grinder for fun...LOL Get with it guys do the DRAG STRIP BOOGIE. Inquiring minds want to know..........Jack
Anyone that wants to run my SC Yellow Fever at Orlando Speedway that's has actually run there before is welcome to. I'd run it, but I won't be able to for a couple more weeks.

Craig

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
SRT10x3 said:
Anyone that wants to run my SC Yellow Fever at Orlando Speedway that's has actually run there before is welcome to. I'd run it, but I won't be able to for a couple more weeks.

Craig
Let me warm up my Jet and get it de-iced and I will be on my way! :D :cool:

·
Registered
329 Posts
SRT10x3 said:

Craig
When?! I'll be back in Miami on Feb 22-3rd then again Mar 28th- 4th(actuallay driving that time, so I'll be going right past your place) , then I'll be in Destin April 19th-25th.

·
Registered
650 Posts
fstjack said:
Yours is much quicker than mine. What was your MPH? Did you always have the chip with the blower? I am not going to high jack this thread any further.

The burning question is. Has anybody with a blower on their SRT-10 Ram run it at the strip? I cannot believe that all the guys with blowers on their trucks (especially the silver one's) did it just to impress the guys at the Tastee Freeze. All you with blowers that have not run yet must sit around Saturday night putting your weiners in a meat grinder for fun...LOL Get with it guys do the DRAG STRIP BOOGIE. Inquiring minds want to know..........Jack
I know of one SRT with the Paxton that has run 13.1 but had shifting issues with the stock clutch, etc. My guess is that the standard Paxton kit running 7 psi and a Magnaflow catback is solid in the 12's (12.5 - 12.8) on street tires and high 11's on slicks. Not a bad bang for the buck.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
fstjack said:

94,93MPH. Yes, have always had the chip with the blower. Superchips programed a chip for me factoring the mods I had. Running on 1/8 of a tank, no rear seat, no spare tire, 60 degree weather, 94 octane. The truck is about 1/2 lower than stock with the new rims and tires...

Anyway, back to the original topic..... Would guess that the stock clutch and lack of traction may limit a good 1/4 time as John mentioned.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Please tell me!!!!!!

What kind of SC. are you guys putting on your truck's. The only I have heard of is Hennessy's and he told me it would wake my QC 2005 srt-10 up, but $11500.00 plus inst. is a bit hard to slid by the wife. Are there others out there? :confused:

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
budgetco said:
What kind of SC. are you guys putting on your truck's. The only I have heard of is Hennessy's and he told me it would wake my QC 2005 srt-10 up, but $11500.00 plus inst. is a bit hard to slid by the wife. Are there others out there? :confused:
Several people have paxtons on their trucks. Roe Racing will also be comming out with theirs soon.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
SRTFirefighter said:
When?! I'll be back in Miami on Feb 22-3rd then again Mar 28th- 4th(actuallay driving that time, so I'll be going right past your place) , then I'll be in Destin April 19th-25th.
Biltho is having a test and tune night on the Feb 23rd. I could meet you there and let you run it.

Craig

·
Registered
254 Posts
RE: SRTx3

If you're serious about Bithlo, I'd consider meeting you up there. I've done about 15 or so runs in my 2000 C5 before I sold it (best of 12.9 at 107), but only 3 runs with my SRT stock back last May or so I think (best was only a 14.4 at 100). I couldn't seem to get much traction at all there, spun every gear. The one time I went through the traps in 4th, it actually chirped too. Never on the street though. My truck only dyno'd at 380 hp and torque stock, but I'm at 455 HP and 505 torque now. I've had a lot more practice launching now, been playing with the G-tech meter. Averaging around a 2.1 to 2.2 60' time. If I was able to launch mine well, and assuming they actually prep the track for once, maybe I'd go for a run in yours if you really wanted me to. Regardless I'd like to see what mine will do now, plus I've got about 1600 miles on the quad cab srt-10 as well. Time to check her out too. If your interested in just meeting down there or something let me know. BTW, I'm in Edgewater.

Eric

·
Registered
364 Posts
Titan said:
I see their are a few of us that have SC's, but I have not seen any 1/4 times posted. Can you guys post some times? This will help me in my next upgrade decision :)

Thx,
Titan
Ok since it looks like no one has anything to post for that, how about some RC times and list your mods? Anyone got anything now?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
quoteszone said:
If you're serious about Bithlo, If your interested in just meeting down there or something let me know. BTW, I'm in Edgewater.

Eric
That would be cool. I can meet you anytime starting after next monday. My cell is 352-636-1286. Lets pick a time and get together. I'm about an 1.5 from the track.

Craig

1 - 20 of 21 Posts