SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well there are three members on this board that know I have been working with the Novi Co. on the installation of Superchargers on our trucks. As of yet there is no set price, however i will be able to do two things for our members, 1. Get a discounted price for those that want to do there own install. 2. Arrange to have the install done here in SoCal by factory trained Techs. As before I need to have a show of hands on members that really want to Supercharge there SRT-10. Larry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
974 Posts
I do if the price is right :D I'll do the install myself...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
Damnit Larry!!! You just keep coming with good stuff. I'd have to find out the price first on the unit. Then the price on the install, if all looks good. I would be in!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,343 Posts
Supercharger, I want one!

Mofo said:
Well there are three members on this board that know I have been working with the Novi Co. on the installation of Superchargers on our trucks. As of yet there is no set price, however i will be able to do two things for our members, 1. Get a discounted price for those that want to do there own install. 2. Arrange to have the install done here in SoCal by factory trained Techs. As before I need to have a show of hands on members that really want to Supercharge there SRT-10. Larry
Larry, I want a blower, with the intercooler. The picture of the installed Novi supercharger that was posted on this forem a couple days ago looked really good. I absolutley, positively want one, installed by the factory guys. My hand is up. I might get my truck back Monday, there was a delay at the "platers". I will take you to lunch next week and show you the "plate" job.
Sincerely, Jack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
mofo, im deffinately interested in supercharging my truck as long as it isnt a week long install and tune
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
i'd be up for it. this is the only non forced induction vehicle i've owned in over 5 years. i miss the "whine"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Mofo said:
Well there are three members on this board that know I have been working with the Novi Co. on the installation of Superchargers on our trucks. As of yet there is no set price, however i will be able to do two things for our members, 1. Get a discounted price for those that want to do there own install. 2. Arrange to have the install done here in SoCal by factory trained Techs. As before I need to have a show of hands on members that really want to Supercharge there SRT-10. Larry
Count me in Larry. I live in Vegas, so I can drop the truck off in SO Ca for a few days, and relax on the beach. I would atleast like to have a price range on what we are looking at. Just a ball park # :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Supercharger

I will try and get a rough idea of where we are going in the priceing area some time next week. Larry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,911 Posts
Larry,

I am very interested. A fair price is important, however I am more concerned as to wether the motor will handle the boost(8-10 Psi I am assuming).

Do you think this motor well hold up to it?

I plan on keeping this truck for a long time and don't want to rebuild the motor anytime soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
Marc T said:
Larry,

I am very interested. A fair price is important, however I am more concerned as to wether the motor will handle the boost(8-10 Psi I am assuming).

Do you think this motor well hold up to it?

I plan on keeping this truck for a long time and don't want to rebuild the motor anytime soon.
Come on be adventurous, it's only money, and a toy ;) Motor Schmotor, 220v 221v whatever it takes!!

Craig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,343 Posts
Motor rebuild?

Gosh< if the boost is over about 8psi I guess I will have to put a set of pistons in my motor. What a good excuse to lower the compression to 8 or 8.5. Then I can really turn up the boost...15 PSI? Well since I have the heads are off already I might as well put some new big stainless valves with springs and titanium retainers & locks in the heads. Darn since I have big valves I will have to port the heads to square everything up. Hey I had another thought since the heads will flow more I should put in a blower cam with more lift and lightweight roller lifters. The steel crank will hold up. The rods are cracked streel with ARP bolts so they is OK. Match port and clean up the manifold. Mabye a set of bigger injectors. Visions of 750 RWHP dance in my head.

To get back to reality I have a 98 Ford expedition with 104000 miles that has had a blower on it since new and it burns premium pump gas and is fun to drive. I have had no problems with either the aftermarket blower setup or the 5.4 engine. The way these systems are engineered they will not shorten the motor life unless you are the king of the stoplight grand prix circuit.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,977 Posts
fstjack said:
Gosh< if the boost is over about 8psi I guess I will have to put a set of pistons in my motor. What a good excuse to lower the compression to 8 or 8.5. Then I can really turn up the boost...15 PSI? Well since I have the heads are off already I might as well put some new big stainless valves with springs and titanium retainers & locks in the heads. Darn since I have big valves I will have to port the heads to square everything up. Hey I had another thought since the heads will flow more I should put in a blower cam with more lift and lightweight roller lifters. The steel crank will hold up. The rods are cracked streel with ARP bolts so they is OK. Match port and clean up the manifold. Mabye a set of bigger injectors. Visions of 750 RWHP dance in my head.
Basically the only reason I won't be getting a supercharger. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,343 Posts
It's OK on stock engine

I did not mean to discourage anyone from getting a supercharger. The way these are designed, they will work on a stock motor just fine. You won't have any problems at all. They will be totally compatible with a bone stock engine and you will not hurt any engine parts. But it will make the truck much more fun. My reason for having this truck is to have fun.
PS, Mike with an 11.28 Syclone you don't need a blower but you will still have the fastest dodge tow rig on the block. LOL :D
Happy and safe 4TH of July to all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,911 Posts
SRT10x3 said:
Come on be adventurous, it's only money, and a toy ;) Motor Schmotor, 220v 221v whatever it takes!!

Craig
If I had 5 back-up vehicles sitting in my garage I definitely wouldn't hesitate!! :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,977 Posts
Jack -
You didn't discourage me at all. What I meant was once I start to mod, I'm like an addict! :D My Syclone actually started out pretty mild. Then the original engine lost a piston. I decided to get a new motor built up so that I could run mid 11's on race gas. Well, by the time all was said and done it runs mid 11's pretty easily, and should be capable of mid 10's if pushed hard enough on race gas! Turns out I can run a low 12 high 11 on PUMP GAS. See where I'm going with this? The damn truck is tonz o fun, but at times it will give me some problems (mainly ignition related). I just don't need two vehicles like this.

I plan on driving my Ram every day and enjoying it just like I did my Lightning, with a warranty. So far that's what I'm doing. I'm up over 1,800 trouble-free miles. Now it sounds good with the Magnaflow's and my open K&N, and I probably picked up a few ponies too! It rides great, stops great, the F'n stereo is incredible compared to my L (Since the Magnaflows I don't listen to it as much though - Thanks Larry :rolleyes: ), and it's dead-on reliable to boot! I don't want to mess that up. I'd absolutely LOVE to get headers for the Ram, but I'm concerned they could affect my warranty and emissions testing. Maybe I should just contact my Dealer and ask them straight-up how they feel about mods?

I do plan on picking up a beater soon, so that I don't have to drive the Ram in the Winter slop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
Hamrhead said:
Jack -
the Ram, but I'm concerned they could affect my warranty and emissions testing. Maybe I should just contact my Dealer and ask them straight-up how they feel about mods?
Introduce yourself to the service manager. Take your SRT/10 up there. All of DC service centers get paid for what they do, it really is in their interest to make things under warranty. Here is a little tip that may help you.

With factory warranties, the service center gets a credit on it's parts bill every 90 days. So if you have something fixed under factory warranty, the service center never sees a DIME.
With aftermarket warranties (Fidelity, etc), the service center gets a CHECK in approx 30 days, and it is a revenue source for them versus a parts credit.

You'd be suprised what you can get fixed "under" warranty (aftermarket).

Craig
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,977 Posts
Craig,

That's interesting, but for now I have the 3/36 warranty, and had planned on purchasing the 7/70 from my Dealership.

Are you saying to go with an independent company to warranty the truck? I've never considered this as an option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,911 Posts
I would never buy a warranty from anyone other than the company who manufactured the vehicle(ask Clark Howard)!!

A good relationship with your DC service center is critical. There are some who will turn there heads to Mods and some who will send you packing.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top