SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going to ask a few questions...........

When you all think of the Registry, what do you think it is for?

Do you ever go to the Registry to find anything?

Do you find it useful?

What is it missing?

Concerned about handing over you VIN to anyone?

For those that find the Registry a waste of time, these questions are not for you. However, everyone is welcome to answer and respond how they choose. I mainly at this point just add trucks found that are for sale. I haven't changed anything on the site in a month.

There will be some changes coming. Every truck that doesn't have at least a VIN or Build Number will be deleted. This will probably take the list down below 2000. The Registry Times will continue, it will just change when I have something new to say.

The SRT10Forum Truck of The Month will be used in the Main Site Photo.

Now I really don't venture around the Internet any longer looking are forums to see what is happening or if folk are asking questions. So those of you that do let them know my email and I'll try and answer their question. So yea, this place is pretty much it. Not that I don't like anywhere else, I just have lost interest.

Have a great evening all

V2

8,725 Posts
I gander at if from time to time , its interesting to see where folks are located

and to I have found many a customer on there:fing02:

the overseas guys is what I really think I need to start gettin for you, matter of fact I may send out some emails soon, I got alot that know nothing of either site

·
Premium Member
2,092 Posts
I've enjoyed looking at The Registry Jeff, I know you've put a lot of time and energy into it. It's got a lot of good information. Occasionally when I find a unique truck or one for sale (with VIN) I'll forward it to you. I feel like I'm part of The Registry that way. Keep up the good...no, great work but don't let it get the best of you. Only work on it when and if you feel like it.

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've enjoyed looking at The Registry Jeff, I know you've put a lot of time and energy into it. It's got a lot of good information. Occasionally when I find a unique truck or one for sale (with VIN) I'll forward it to you. I feel like I'm part of The Registry that way. Keep up the good...no, great work but don't let it get the best of you. Only work on it when and if you feel like it.
My endeavor to get as much data as I can has not changed. I guess I'm trying to see the Registry through the eyes of others in an effort to learn

·
Registered
302 Posts
I like it, I look from time to time, specially at the truck build info, nice work you've done!

8,725 Posts
one , I think the link in your sig should be a bit more larger
and also with a little pizazz to it

but what I would love to see is sorta a "whats happening latley" on the front page?

maybe like someones latest mods, latest best times, new member from somewhere, maybe something like Mickster over yonder and his mods,

I know thats what the times are for, but something such as that, or latest news deal is kinda a draw in?

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought about doing RSS Feeds from here, however I decided the risk was to great. No way to control what the content of the feed would be.

I could do short blurbs on the current mods, gtg's and such, however, I have a question, wouldn't that just be a copy of a post here. I can think of a few on here that would think that would be a waste of time.

No on the other hand, you (Tony) could always give me a 24 hour first release window to show off your new stuff before you post up

V2

8,725 Posts
I can do that, and thats sorta what I was talking about and yes kinda the same thing, but there are alot of folks too that would like to see a more detailed article on say a certain build, or where they got such an such from

say for instance, the latest dyno day, sims333, sorta a biography of his truck listing all mods , down to the badges,
say heads were from striker
the cam has been changed,
bob from ubanks coated the valve covers
sarah from utah did the badging
installed a air/fuel gauge to monitor the engine
rims are the RKO III neo version

get the idea?

I see alot of folks asking "where did you get that"

like micksters rad cover, out of stainless, alot may wonder where it came from and if they can get one.

certain rims folks run, powdercoating, billet items, bling stuff,
also who did there engine work, and how much power it made

am I just rambling ? LLOLOL

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think the Registry is great and you are doing a great job Jeff:fing02:

I visit it all the time to see what new trucks ,pics, mods to trucks have been added . The registry is the biggest piece of history about the Ram SRT10's there is and will ever be. The only thing that I see missing is the amount of trucks out there that have not been found and registered.... That takes time and one day it will be complete... I myself am always keeping a look out for more trucks to add to it..The reason I started the born dates thread on the srt connection and the other site, was to find out about the production numbers for the 2005's ... You have taken the registry far beyond that without a doubt... Great Job, keep it up for the sake of the history and others that love these trucks...Just do it in the way that makes you enjoy what you are doing:fing02::fing02:

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the Registry is great and you are doing a great job Jeff:fing02:

I visit it all the time to see what new trucks ,pics, mods to trucks have been added . The registry is the biggest piece of history about the Ram SRT10's there is and will ever be. The only thing that I see missing is the amount of trucks out there that have not been found and registered.... That takes time and one day it will be complete... I myself am always keeping a look out for more trucks to add to it..The reason I started the born dates thread on the srt connection and the other site, was to find out about the production numbers for the 2005's ... You have taken the registry far beyond that without a doubt... Great Job, keep it up for the sake of the history and others that love these trucks...Just do it in the way that makes you enjoy what you are doing:fing02::fing02:

In a way I am tracking that.... knda

http://www.vipertruckregistry.com/RAM-SRT10_Production_List.html

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
At this point I am a seeker, not yet an owner, but I have learned more from your registry than anywhere else on the 'net (save for this forum, mind you!). Because of your work, I have your VIN page as a reference to help decipher every SRT10 I consider. I agree that it is an invaluable piece of automotive history, and I only look forward to its growth. Thank you for your hard work!

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
At this point I am a seeker, not yet an owner, but I have learned more from your registry than anywhere else on the 'net (save for this forum, mind you!). Because of your work, I have your VIN page as a reference to help decipher every SRT10 I consider. I agree that it is an invaluable piece of automotive history, and I only look forward to its growth. Thank you for your hard work!

Then let me apologize for the 2006 page, it kinds sucks :sorry:

Is what I would like, if anyone still has it, is a copy of the 2004, 2005 and 2006 brochure.....

That would help a ton, even if its a scanned image

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You have been tracking it very well :fing02: It's like looking for a needle in Tony's Hay stack...As you know it will take time ...there a lots of owners that have no idea that a registry exists and some don't even know about these forums....Word will get to them if others help by telling them :fing02:
Well, I know if people type in Viper Truck in an internet search engine, the Registry comes up pretty quick (most of the time). SRT-10 is a whole different story

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
one , I think the link in your sig should be a bit more larger
and also with a little pizazz to it

but what I would love to see is sorta a "whats happening latley" on the front page?

maybe like someones latest mods, latest best times, new member from somewhere, maybe something like Mickster over yonder and his mods,

I know thats what the times are for, but something such as that, or latest news deal is kinda a draw in?
I have considered that and I'm not sure.

Jim was helping me with a banner, however, because I haven't seen anything I really like yet, even with the 50 or so that I've done, I just don't want to put something up just because and never like what is there

8,725 Posts
Then let me apologize for the 2006 page, it kinds sucks :sorry:

Is what I would like, if anyone still has it, is a copy of the 2004, 2005 and 2006 brochure.....

That would help a ton, even if its a scanned image
I think I have all the info and things from when I bought mine, I will look tomorrow , but remind me LOLOL

1 - 20 of 159 Posts