SRT10 Forum banner

Thinking of buying an SRT-10

5K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  mauiSRT/10 
#1 ·
Hi guys I am a 2003 Cobra owner ...don't curse me out yet just yet. ;) I'm seriously considering selling the Cobra and buying an SRT-10 pickup. I love my car and have always loved Mustangs. I've bled Ford blue my whole life, but I really want a change and would like to buy a fast truck and I hate the look of the lightnings. I need more room, the ability to haul ocassional stuff and different styling. Mustangs are really a dime a dozen where I live. I've had multiple problems with the Cobra and previously with the Bullitt that I sold before I bought the Cobra. What can you guys tell me about the SRT-10 and do you think this will be a good change. Are there any major issues with these trucks?? I've found some reasonable prices on ones with real low miles close to where I live. Any input is greatly appreciated ...ready to leave the blue oval and join team Mopar :D

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum 03 Cobra.

Our trucks are totally different than anything else out there IMHO.I was a loyal GM guy my whole life until I saw the SRT-10.

The clutches seem to be the weak link on our trucks although I have had no issues with mine to date.For pricing I don`t think you can beat the service offered by Bill Pemberton from Woodhouse Viper.Give him a try on pricing.

I think you are making a good choice on the truck.Great power ,looks and room.An unbeatable combination IMHO.

#4 ·
Good luck. :D

#6 ·
03 cobra

Welcome to our home......I absolutly love my truck. We are talking jaw dropping head turning power and looks. Of course the cobra is very fast but this truck just is awesome. Only 3057 made last year....so you wont have that problem of a dime a dozen at all! I would read through the back posts about topics that interest you on our site. Like Roktman, I too have had no issues with the clutch at all.

You definatly need to go a drive one to understand why we are so :) on this site!!! Bill P is the man if you want to get a new one. He ships everywhere just like fed x!!!!! :eek: ah Bill fed x me a yella feva Supercharged please!!!!! :D :D ;)

patrick

#7 ·
Welcome 03Cobra. First let me say I love those Cobras. My good buddy has one and they are fast as hell. His has the same mods my truck does(exhaust and intake) and he beats me everytime. I actually thought of trading my truck and getting an 03 or 04 Cobra. Glad I came to my senses in time. That being said, this truck is AWESOME! I don't care how loud your cobra is, it will never get as many head turns, thumbs up, finger points, smoke'em up shouts, or hey that got a hemi... er... you don't get that one. Anyway, this truck is awesome to drive. All around entertainment. The customer service kind of sucks, but if you can over look that, then it's a no brainer. Just push the lil red button one time, and you'll be hooked. Good luck!

#8 ·
Cobra these are the baddest production trucks I have ever driven period! The raw power, the room, the great looks, the 22's and even the factory stereo system are as good as you can ask for. I build and collect old hot rods and I have to tell you this is the best bang for the buck of any vehicle I have ever owned! :D :D :D

Now go find you one you will not regret it ! ;)

#9 ·
Good Point, Ylw-fvr The cost to build something like this is well beyond the cost to buy!! ;)

#10 ·
As Coach said...Once you test drive one, its all over but the signing :D

It took me about 60 seconds into my test drive and I was saying " I Gotsta git me one a deeeez!"

It handles great, stops like you just threw out an anchor and sounds evil as **** with a CAI and cat backs bolted on.

#11 ·
The others here have said it all pretty well except for one thing that I really enjoy about this truck that you won't get with a Cobra, Vette, GTO, M3, STi, etc. You have plenty of performance to scratch your itch for speed, AND, you sit up above the traffic. You can see and BE seen. I've had low riding (not to be confused with a lowrider) hot rods that were great fun but I couldn't see well and other drivers couldn't see me. I had an SUV nail my '96 Camaro SS because I was hidden to him behind the car in front of me. Not a problem with these trucks. In fact, it's a weird sensation, at first, to sit up so high but have such great handling and control.

#12 ·
I test drove mine about 2 miles and said "I'm all in!!!"
It may not be the fastest thing out there, but it feels soooo wrong getting that much metal going that fast so quick.

Welcome and good luck!

#13 ·
I didn't even test drive mine, all I needed was to see it in person!! I promise you Cobra, you will not regret it for a second!! It is like you said, mustangs are a dime a dozen, this truck is a "one of a kind" That little red button is the greatest invention ever! IMO!! Good luck, keep us posted!

#16 ·
Never test drove it and never saw it in person (only on the internet). My dealer's general manager delivered it from 150 miles away. Sure love it but it has been in hibernation since November 15th. Hopefully, I'll have it out on "clean" roads by May 15th the way this winter is going!! Only 1,806 miles on it.

#17 ·
bought mine sight unseen,sent wifey to put money down on it while i was out of state!had been keeping up on all the news with concept truck and any rumours, facts from DC on production go-ahead . dealer delivered to the house, no dissapointments, most awesome vehicle i have ever owned! :D :D :D

#18 ·
BlueFlame said:
I test drove mine about 2 miles and said "I'm all in!!!"
It may not be the fastest thing out there, but it feels soooo wrong getting that much metal going that fast so quick.

Welcome and good luck!

They let you test drive em now?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I just called Bill and he shipped it.....first test drive was from the docks on Maui!!!! I will admit I was nervous..... :eek:

patrick

#19 ·
Well guys I am now the proud owner of a black 2004 SRT-10. One word
A W E S O M E !!!! This thing is put together better then any mustang I've ever owned. It rides nicer, feels better and I love being able to sit up high in traffic. They offered me a really great deal on the trade in and the I paid $6000 below sticker on the Viper powered beast. I love this truck ...I haven't gotten on it at all yet. It only has 25 miles on the clock. What is the break in recommendations for these things? You guys have been very informative I have officially joined the Mopar family. My neighbor has an SRT-4 and he saw the SRT-10 in my driveway and I think his jaw dropped to the floor :eek: . These are simply amazing vehicles.

#21 ·
Welcome to the club. :D On the break in I would take it easy for the first 500 miles.No sudden stops,no full throttle accelleration.Don`t rev over 4K.Then ....let`er rip! :D

#22 ·
O3cobra

Alright man your are in the club now!!!!!!!!!!! And you got the best color :D ;)

Definatly take it easy for the first 500. You really need to break in that clutch, so just gas her up and drive all weekend, everywhere!!!!!!! It will be hard to keep the rpms under 4k but you gotta do it.

Now most of us are a little mod silly but a magnaflow is a must......gotta gotta get it. It really gives the truck that beasty sound it shoulda had from the factory!!! I am really stoked for you bro....glad you got it!!!! :)

You should pm 9 seconds and get your build number!!

patrick

#23 ·
Cobra,
Welcome to the RBC :cool: Let the MODs begin :D

#24 ·
03COBRA said:
Well guys I am now the proud owner of a black 2004 SRT-10. One word
A W E S O M E !!!! This thing is put together better then any mustang I've ever owned. It rides nicer, feels better and I love being able to sit up high in traffic. They offered me a really great deal on the trade in and the I paid $6000 below sticker on the Viper powered beast. I love this truck ...I haven't gotten on it at all yet. It only has 25 miles on the clock. What is the break in recommendations for these things? You guys have been very informative I have officially joined the Mopar family. My neighbor has an SRT-4 and he saw the SRT-10 in my driveway and I think his jaw dropped to the floor :eek: . These are simply amazing vehicles.
Awesome!!! Welcome to "Da Club"..... Hope you've got deep pockets... So many cool mods!! :D

#25 ·
Welcome to the good side of the Force. We knew there was good in you. Sounds like you got a great deal!

#26 ·
those engines are already broken in, in my mind. they have to be tested and everything! RUN IT NOW!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.