SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dad said he needed to borrow my truck, so I, without asking any questions, tossed him the keys. What does he come back with but a bed-load of bagged mulch and topsoil!! How about OVER 1,000lbs. of it! Damn truck didn't even break a sweat! Didn't look like it squatted much either! Being as it is a truck, it's nice to see it'll haul something other than ass! :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
good to see its being used as a truck. Now clean the bed or the dealer will void the warranty for putting something in there

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Hamrhead said:
Didn't look like it squatted much either!
I don't doubt it either. It has 5 beefy leafs and the second one is almost as long as the first. Add to that the slapper bar and there's no wonder it doesn't squat much.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Odd, I thought the idea behind the suspension was to soften it up so it would squat very well over a regular ram, help with launching and such. :)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I'm not an expert but I believe a soft suspension leads to axle wrap and wheel hop. You have to get your weight transfer with shock valving.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Why would Lightning people hate those pictures??? Nobody has ever said that the truck didn't have any payload capacity............ just that DCX didn't recommend towing with it.

We used to haul 1000+lbs of 1/4" thick steel on a regular basis with the L.

I expect any truck to earn its keep. It's nice to see that some others feel the same way.

On that point, we have gotten alot of crap from some in the Lightning community for all the heavy towing and hauling we have done. Some feel that sport trucks should be treated like sport cars, and should never carry more than 2 people and a playmate cooler. If I wanted something without truck capability............. I wouldn't have bought a truck.

Oh well.............. to each his own.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
01LightningGal said:
. If I wanted something without truck capability............. I wouldn't have bought a truck.

Oh well.............. to each his own.
You mean the 8' bed behind the cab can carry something more than air? Surely you jest ;)

Mine's had 6 hotties in it cruisin Atlantic Blvd in Daytona, during spring break :) Nuttin gets guys heads turning quicker than an SRT10 full of pretty women ;)

Craig

·
Registered
76 Posts
SRT10x3 said:
You mean the 8' bed behind the cab can carry something more than air? Surely you jest ;)

Mine's had 6 hotties in it cruisin Atlantic Blvd in Daytona, during spring break :) Nuttin gets guys heads turning quicker than an SRT10 full of pretty women ;)

Craig
Ha..I know I would look :D I've just had a bunch of my intoxicated friends in the back of mine before on the way to the bars

·
Registered
974 Posts
Pics need I say more :D

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hamrhead said:
Yeah, no chit! At least I showed YOU guys some pics of the things I haul! :rolleyes: :D
I'll get the gals to were some thongs or other scantly clad attire, snap some pictures, and make some posters up that say "Haulin' Ass"

I'll post a sample when I get it done.

Craig

·
Registered
974 Posts
LoL I am waiting with great anticipation.

·
Registered
180 Posts
SRT10x3 said:
I'll get the gals to were some thongs or other scantly clad attire, snap some pictures, and make some posters up that say "Haulin' Ass"

Craig
ohh yeaa!! :D

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SRT10x3 said:

Craig
I'm likin' you more and more Craig! :cool: :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
01LightningGal said:
Why would Lightning people hate those pictures??? Nobody has ever said that the truck didn't have any payload capacity............ QUOTE]

oooohhhh.... lets see.... just EVERY L owner over on nloc.net.

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
HURRICANE1000 said:
oooohhhh.... lets see.... just EVERY L owner over on nloc.net.
Well, not one, but he's an EX-Lightning owner now. ;) :D

To be honest, there are quite a few good guys over there, same as the Syclone/Typhoon boards.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Its good to see it being used as an actual truck hauling stuff and whatnot....i wouldnt be surprised at all about it not breaking a sweat hauling 1,000 pounds worth of goods, its got a freakin' 500hp Viper motor!

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not only that, but look at the pictures. It cetainly doesn't look like all that weight is hurting the suspension either. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts