Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have three codes on now
P0031 H02S bank one,sensor one heater circuit low voltage
P0051 H02s banktwo,sensor one heater circuit low voltage
P0136 H02S sensor circuit malfunction Bank One,sensor two

this is after I installed 02 sims and catless midpipes

What have I got wrong ???????????? damaged 02 sensor wire or what ?

[email protected] 540-778-2686

·
Registered
991 Posts
??????????? :eek:

·
Registered
258 Posts
I wish i could help man :( .....even though you prolly already have...PM or call Boomer. my mids will arrive tommorow, but think they will sit in the box until your prob gets resolved...keep us informed and good luck!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sent him a PM and an e-mail.I expect an answer tomorrow.I was just checking for all available opinions. I just don't know what could have caused these codes. Worst is they won't go away.Hate to go to dealership with it. I am sure Boomer will get me on the right track tomorrow :D

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since no one else has reported problems,it must be something that I have done wrong or left undone :eek:

·
Registered
829 Posts
The first 2 codes are for the front O2 sensors. The 3rd is for the drivers rear O2. All three are for the heater in the O2's not working. I would first check for a blown fuse. I think it's 1 fuse for all 4 O2's. I'm not sure what fuse it is though. I can check tomorrow.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:D
Stingray said:
The first 2 codes are for the front O2 sensors. The 3rd is for the drivers rear O2. All three are for the heater in the O2's not working. I would first check for a blown fuse. I think it's 1 fuse for all 4 O2's. I'm not sure what fuse it is though. I can check tomorrow.

That sounds better than replacing the 02 sensors ! Thanks for the info !!

I would appreciate knowing where the fuse is :D

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
thanks Stingray. i was thinking you had a battery charger hooked up at some point, as that exact problem i encountered on a customer's truck who had charged his battery and then tried to start it with the charger hooked up. you didnt short against the starter hot wire or anything did you?
i would just check the fuse like sting said, and thats prob it, and i would hten clear the codes.
OR you may have reinstalled the rear sensors into the front the plugins by mistake......... thats a possiblity?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any idea where this fuse is ??

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
HotVARam said:
Any idea where this fuse is ??
take your lid off your fuse box, the inside of the lid is marked to show what all of the fuses are & where they are. i am not near my truck right now, or i would go look

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update...........

.........the codes and blown fuses (from my catless mid-pipe install) were caused by the factory wiring connectors to the rear 02 sensors.The 02 sensors are heated and have a power and a ground wire (in addition to the monitoring wires).On my truck the power and ground were in opposite positions from most others.On the sensors it didn't matter which was power and which was ground BUT on the sims they have to be in the same location as the sims are designed for.Just like an LED bulb vs standard.
Hope this clarifies everything.It wasn't my fault or Gary's fault.Everything worked as it should.It was simply a difference in wire placement on terminals.

Many thanks to Gary for working with me to get this figured out !!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts