SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
When I first got my truck, under some conditions the steering would tighten up for about 1/8 of a turn. Felt it on downshifts mostly coming into turns.
Kept looking for clues until I found a mark where the bolt thru the steering linkage was actually contacting the left exhaust manifold heat-shield. It would come extremely close when parked and not under load, but the evidence was there. The dealer "Modified" the shield when I went in and the problem went away. I am waiting for a new shield.
Now after contacting Dodge to find out how my linkage could possibly be hitting the engine, the dealer says Dodge thinks that my motor might be mis-aligned on the mounts. Suggested solution is to loosen the motor mounts and see if the engine will move slightly to the right.

This sounds unlikely to me, anybody ever see this or heard of it?

KB

·
Registered
150 Posts
I checked mine out and I have 3/4" clearance on the straightaway and 1/3" clearance at the closest point in turning straight to maximum turn. There is no sign of touch down on the shield but looking at it and I could see that if the shield were bent out, it could give you touch down. Hope you get it straighten out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts