SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm new to the forum and thought I'd stop by and say hi. I was actually very close to buying a Ram SRT-10 and got to test drive one, but decided to get an 04 Lightning when I wrecked my 02 Lightning.

Anyways, I went to the track two weeks ago and got the oppurnity to race a silver SRT-10 twice in the 1/8. Keep in mind im completly stock and on street tires. The first race I ran a 9.1 and he ran a 9.5. The second race we both did better, I ran a 9.0 and he ran a 9.3.

Just curious as to what some other SRT-10 owners are running stock

-Michael

The SRT-10 is a sweet truck and fun to drive.

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Have yet to race mine, but I can tell ya it feels faster than my '99 L, which ran 13.20's with a couple bolt-ons. Obviously with the 6 speed, ya need to learn to launch and shift it to get the ET's down. I hope to take mine to the strip once the cool weather hits this Fall.

*I still like Lightning's, alot. I just owned mine for about 5 years and it was time to try something else. :cool:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
1/8th

My best 1/8 mile run is 8.829 at 83.52 MPH

·
Registered
2 Posts
We don't have any 1/8 mile tracks here, but i'd like to see what my Sy pulls on one. I haven't seen any SRT-10's at the tracks here. Hey, Mike how many miles are on the Cobra R?

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
GoNSyco said:
We don't have any 1/8 mile tracks here, but i'd like to see what my Sy pulls on one. I haven't seen any SRT-10's at the tracks here. Hey, Mike how many miles are on the Cobra R?
About 995 miles on the '95 R. Yeah, you read that right. :D It's basically new. I'd like to sell it too! Interested? ;)

My Syclone has covered the 1/8 mile in 7.2 at 97mph,, so far. High 6's at over 100 should absolutely be possible! :eek: :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
depends how much u wanna sell it for...By the way i'm broke. I'll see if I can talk my wife into buying it, then I'll just steal it from her. :cool:

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I watched an SRT with just a tube shoved onto the intake hose and a K&N filter attached run 8.152 at 86.18 in Bowling Green.

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
That sounds decently quick to me Steve.

Ya have any tips on how to launch these trucks? If I can get a sub-2.0 60', I know I can handle the chore of bangin' 3 clean gears! :D

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
mine

on a test & tune day at our 1/8 mile i ran a best of 7.998. with tires & gear i know it will do better. that was actually just easing the clutch out, then hammering it with the pedal mashed even when shifting gears. worked for me, its all i know since my experience has been racing motorcycles. :D
mods are
no cats
had borlas, switched to magnaflow (times was set with borlas)
cold air
VEC2
28psi in rear tires, 40psi in fronts

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Boomer-

Do you happen to remember your 60' time?

I also use the Full Throttle Upshift Technique. :D :eek:

·
Registered
974 Posts
BOOMER said:
on a test & tune day at our 1/8 mile i ran a best of 7.998. with tires & gear i know it will do better. that was actually just easing the clutch out, then hammering it with the pedal mashed even when shifting gears. worked for me, its all i know since my experience has been racing motorcycles. :D
mods are
no cats
had borlas, switched to magnaflow (times was set with borlas)
cold air
VEC2
28psi in rear tires, 40psi in fronts
Boomer,
I am going to install the magnaflow cat-back system and I was thinking of removing the cat's. What do I need for the o2 sensor? Do you have any pics of what yours looks like after removing them? Just trying to get an idea
of what I'll need to do & what all is involved... Also did you notice any performance gains, after removing the cats? Is it worth the trouble??

Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Hamrhead said:
Ya have any tips on how to launch these trucks? If I can get a sub-2.0 60', I know I can handle the chore of bangin' 3 clean gears! :D
No tips. Just remember that launching at a good track and launching on the street are a lot different. I believe the 1.86 sixty foot was done by launching at 3500 and feathering the clutch. Whatever that means, right?

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Basicaly, 'Feathering' mean riding the clutch, which obviously AIN'T good for clutch life, but neither is racing, right? :D

Thanks

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Titan said:
Boomer,
I am going to install the magnaflow cat-back system and I was thinking of removing the cat's. What do I need for the o2 sensor? Do you have any pics of what yours looks like after removing them? Just trying to get an idea
of what I'll need to do & what all is involved... Also did you notice any performance gains, after removing the cats? Is it worth the trouble??

Thanks,
Ron
ron, look at "boomers truck" i have pics of everything. i used 02 symulaters. i HIGHLY reccomend you get the Vec2 computer, i have them in stock & i can program a card for you if you remove the cats, since i have been tuning on mine for 4 months with the cats removed, YES the cats are restrictive as are the stock manifolds. let me know how i can help-Boomer

1 - 17 of 17 Posts