SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone run into problems with there SRT with the front window's tinted? I have an 03 1500 now, and i got the front windows tinted, and they gt scratched to hell.. the tint that is.. The guys at the tint place told me that thr bristles on the inside part of the door are what scratched the tint.. so once I get the new truck, didnt know If i would run into the same problem..

·
Registered
974 Posts
shinnister said:
Has anyone run into problems with there SRT with the front window's tinted? I have an 03 1500 now, and i got the front windows tinted, and they gt scratched to hell.. the tint that is.. The guys at the tint place told me that thr bristles on the inside part of the door are what scratched the tint.. so once I get the new truck, didnt know If i would run into the same problem..
That dosen't pass the smell check. :confused: Sorry but, tell the moron at the tint shop that's just total bullshit. The felt striping will not scratch the tint!! If I were you I wouldn't do bussiness with them...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Titan the guy at the tint shop is right. on the 03 Rams, dodge put rubber instead of felt in the doors. Rocks and dirt could get down there and scratch the tint. If you went to the dealer they would replace your rubber with felt.

problem was corrected on 04 trucks and put back to felt

·
Registered
966 Posts
tint scratch..? don't think so!

shinnister said:
Get your money back! I have tinted windows and never had them scratch as you describe. Ditto on the go and do business somewhere else.
And if they don't work with you,,,get on the web and put in a complaint at the Better Bus. :cool: Bureau.
By the way, where are you located (state/city) so that I don't run into the same shop.

·
Banned
901 Posts
Have not had the problem with the SRT...and my windows are always up and down. Had the TSB done on the Hemi because I did have the scratching to the front windows on that truck.

I also used a titanium tint on the SRT...There is a consistent problem with these trucks and that seems to be the door seal on the A post. I believe there is a thread on this with a TSB for it.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hemi57 said:
Titan the guy at the tint shop is right. on the 03 Rams, dodge put rubber instead of felt in the doors. Rocks and dirt could get down there and scratch the tint. If you went to the dealer they would replace your rubber with felt.

problem was corrected on 04 trucks and put back to felt
Ah! well I stand corrected.. It's dodge that needs to be slaped around for being so foolish.. :D

·
Registered
301 Posts
The quality of the tint is also a factor. There is some real cheap tint (3M?) and then there's excellent tint that is made not to scratch. My '03 did it and the '04's don't but I use the best tint I could find. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts