SRT10 Forum banner

tipm for 2006 RC

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  LonestarTruck 
#1 ·
Well the truck up and died last week. Was heading home in the rain, and engine started surging and jerking and running smooth again. Went less than a mile and got worse and threw a check engine light so I pulled over and the engine died. I did not have a scanner with me and at the time was not smart enough to look for gauges not working. had it towed to dealer took a few days for the viper tech to diag and they said PCM was fine but tipm was the problem and they cannot locate a replacement part. I do not have a list of the codes it threw but the advisor at the dealer said it had thrown many codes.

So now I am on a search for a tipm. I checked with Dan at Viper Specialty Performance and he has no stock. According to dodge all dealers are out of stock. I have found a company, Cardone, that manufacturers TIPMs and am waiting to hear back but hoping that someone has some idea of where to find a source for a new or remanufactored TIPM?

Thanks for the help!

2006 RC with 40K miles

#2 ·
I’ve been struggling with a similar problem since I’ve owned my 2006 QC. Sporadically, I’ll be running strong at highway speed and it will shut down for 1 to 3 seconds then start back up again. It finally threw a code (1389) which is the ASD (auto shut down) code in the PCM. When it first started In 2015, I found an OEM TIPM through “The Viper Store”. It was expensive but I swapped out and it seemed better but soon started again with same code. I was told that a faulty cam position sensor or the crank sensor can cause this problem. I replaced the cam sensor and still happens with same frequency. I’ll replace the crank sensor next and update with new post unless someone has found the cure for this problem already. Any suggestions/remedies are greatly appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.