SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all.
I assume (common sence) if buying a bad a$$ truck like this you would buy warranty right. When purchasing from a dealer should they offer or provide with warranty at additional cost? If so what should it cover? Tranny, engine, (bumper to bumper at additional cost).
For 06s. If no warranty how much +- for tranny, engine or others similar in price.

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
My lender was so confused when my truck wasn't in their database of warranties... they didn't even offer one! Once I told the banker what it was, they said "Oh, I don't think we cover that type of vehicle. But will you bring it by the bank so we can see it?" LOL

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I personally never buy warranties on performance vehicles. I always modify and that voids any warranty, not to mention I can fix everything myself. If you plan on modifying the warranty company will void your service contract the first time you try to make a claim, if you plan on staying stock it isn't a bad idea.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Bought my 10 two years ago & bought the warranty the same day. Parts for the 10's are sometimes hard to find & always expensive. Make sure you get the "Chrysler Group Service Contract". It covers everything bumper to bumper & coast to coast. If you buy one of the Dealerships warranties you have to go to them for repairs, so don't go that route. If he will only sale you his, go to another dealership & buy the Chrysler warranty from them. You want options. I have this same warranty on the Hemi Jeep that the wife drives. I had my 10 for about 6 months & the flywheel went. I paid $100. & the warranty paid all the rest, parts & labor. We also had to replace the transmission on the Jeep. We paid $100. & the warranty paid all the rest, parts & labor. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Bought my 10 two years ago & bought the warranty the same day. Parts for the 10's are sometimes hard to find & always expensive. Make sure you get the "Chrysler Group Service Contract". It covers everything bumper to bumper & coast to coast. If you buy one of the Dealerships warranties you have to go to them for repairs, so don't go that route. If he will only sale you his, go to another dealership & buy the Chrysler warranty from them. You want options. I have this same warranty on the Hemi Jeep that the wife drives. I had my 10 for about 6 months & the flywheel went. I paid $100. & the warranty paid all the rest, parts & labor. We also had to replace the transmission on the Jeep. We paid $100. & the warranty paid all the rest, parts & labor. Good Luck.
This is the only service contract I would ever buy. Working in a dealership service department I see how there is no hassle with the Chrysler contracts, the aftermarket ones are always trying to find a way out of paying.

·
Registered
195 Posts
With the Chrysler Group Service Contract there are four plans: 1) Powertrain Care Plus
2) Added Care 3) Added Care Plus 4) Maximum Care. I would suggest you get the Maximum Care, I did for my 10 & Jeep. It covers everything. The engine, transmission, driveline, electrical, everything from the front to the rear. It also covers towing, heaven forbid. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
With the Chrysler Group Service Contract there are four plans: 1) Powertrain Care Plus
2) Added Care 3) Added Care Plus 4) Maximum Care. I would suggest you get the Maximum Care, I did for my 10 & Jeep. It covers everything. The engine, transmission, driveline, electrical, everything from the front to the rear. It also covers towing, heaven forbid. Good Luck.
you sound like a finance manager, are you? One item to add is trim things are not covered, weatherstrips, door panels, seat trim bezels, etc. and of course wear items like tires, brakes, wipers and fluid changes which are considered maintenance.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Not a finance manager, just someone that shopped a lot before finding this extended warranty. For me & my two vehicles it has saved me lots of $$$$, especially with my 10and the new parts & work remain under warranty. A lot of people don't like working with a dealership, but with this warranty it makes it easy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts