SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor (Bronze)
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be on the dyno tomorrow at 4PM. to get a baselline on my 04 with 1400 miles on it. Any suggestions or comments to help educate me about dynos would be appreciated.

Will Dyno again next week after the Magnaflows and K&N CAI are installed

Thanks - john

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
The giant intake manifold is subject to major heat soak. If you dyno right after you arrive, the numbers will be lower than if you let it cool for a while. Although, real world is with major heat soak so you decide and stick with it for every comparison dyno.

I heard from some SRT guys that an iced intake could lower ET's by 0.5 seconds.

·
Registered
650 Posts
9 seconds said:
I heard from some SRT guys that an iced intake could lower ET's by 0.5 seconds.
Thats incorrect. You might see 20 rw hp from heat soak and that would be worth no more than 1-2 mph in trap speed and less than a tenth. At least that is what we have seen running SRT's at the dragstrip.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
QUICKSILVER said:
:D
YEAH...bring some ear/plugs! Your going to need'em! :( lol
I had to go outside :rolleyes: and look by the door :)

:cool:
Quick
Quick, I thought being a senior citizen you've already lost most of your hearing ;)

Craig

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey John, where you going to get it done? I had mine done at Kenny Brown. Hundred buck, but no A/F read out.

·
Registered
599 Posts
don't let it cool down too much!

I know on the "L" if it sits too longs and complete cools down the PCM uses different fuel tables in it's a/f calculation and pulls timing until it reaches optimum operating temperature. Basically the numbers are all screwed up. and the Tuneis no where close to being accurate.

·
Supporting Vendor (Bronze)
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SRTFirefighter I am going to Performance Automotive in Noblesville. Will post later tonight on the results - john

1 - 8 of 8 Posts