SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,
this is the first truck i have owned... so my knowledge about tonneau covers is little. I personally like the soft cover look better, but my question is this
are they waterproof?????????? If so, what is the best soft tonneau cover?

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
The best one is hard to say.....depends on your needs. Do a seach on this site there have been several threads on this subject just this past week. I have the checker pro soft one.....works great but it does not roll up. Access to the bed is only through the tailgate. Its cheap too, only about $130 or so. It's not really waterPROOF but it's definatly water resistant. There are tons of different ones out there, so do your homework before you buy.

checkerpro.com

patrick

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

hey rok, their cover looks great.... its waterproof right? how does the spoiler fit on it?

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
They are according to them 90% waterproof which I believe.I have never had any water get in.The only possible issue is around the tailgate /cover seal .It is quite snug with weatherstripping though.I drove to the factory and had mine installed (they do it for free). :D They cut a notch around the rear of the cover where the wing and bed are.Looks great.Had the locking tailgate handle put on too.It doesn`t bother me that the cover doesn`t lift.I just wanted to have a place to put a couple of bags or suitcases when traveling.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the truxedo lo pro. it is a little more expensive but works great with no need to modify for the wing. You do have to pull the wing to roll it up though. the only place i have ever had water leak is through the front stake pocket holes when the truck is sitting

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Truxedo LO PRO

BLS2DWL said:
I have the truxedo lo pro. it is a little more expensive but works great with no need to modify for the wing. You do have to pull the wing to roll it up though. the only place i have ever had water leak is through the front stake pocket holes when the truck is sitting
I put a Truxedo Lo Pro on the ****box Ranger yesterday and it is a nice piece. The Lo Pro looks better than the regular model. IMHO It fits very well, is easy to use and looks good. I put a regular Truxedo on my daughters 03 Toyota Tacoma and it has held up well. Truxedo gives a lifetime warranty to the original owner. It is a good piece of you want to use your truch as a truck..........Jack

·
Registered
73 Posts
DrivingSchool said:
Dodge will have a tonneau cover with a wing in March for the SRT10.
When you look closely on http://www.dodge.com/srt-10/index.html you can actually see that it is a 3-point-mounted rear wing - being different from the one that bolts on the bed rail.

I THINK that the 2-point-wing MIGHT be too wide ?

Anybody could supply the price and p# for 3-point-wing and the tonneau cover ?

Thanks, Klaus

·
Registered
10 Posts
All I can tell you at this point is that spoiler/tonneau are not available yet thru mopar... I have been researching this for a little over a week now, to no avail. Will definitely be a hot item when it is released - more stability for the spoiler.

·
Registered
105 Posts
One of my friends ask an Executive at SRT and the following was the answer.

"We have a tonneau cover with a spoiler coming in March. He should get one of those. It is a really nice cover."

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi
Bought the LEER 700 serie with twist handle and Keyless Remote Release.
The cover comes painted in the truck color and is very easy to install.
The hight of the cover is aprox 6" and this makes it match the "lines" of the hood - finish up the "shape" of the truck very fine !
The cover is not just flat but have like two "platforms" going out from the rear window towards the rear end - WOW :)
The rear wing have to be shortned by aprox 2½" but then it will firt PERFECT- having that done right now - never ever drop the wing - it is original identity of the SRT10 !!!
Klaus

Attachments

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
VIPERTRK said:
Iam thinking of removing the wing going with gaylords wingster tonneau ur yes/no

I took my wing off for a week while installing my checkerpro soft top and man I just hated the look without it....the srt10 has to have to the wing...its part of its look....but just my opinion...

patrick

·
Registered
205 Posts
OK - March is almost over. Anybody know anything more from dodge about their cover with wing? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts