SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last night I was on the 60 freeway and I see this truck coming up real fast. I noticed it was a lightning and the guy drove past me and then hit the brakes after he realized what I was driving. As soon as he hit the brakes I knew he wanted to race, so I dropped it down into third but we were going to fast (80 mph) and it was at 5000 rpm's so I put it back into 4th (going 80 at 3000 rpm's)and we finally got next to eachother after about 15 seconds. He hit it first and jumped me by about 1/2 a car length but by the time we got up to 120 I had him by two lengths. We slowed down because of traffic and then went at it again, this time we hit it at the same time and I took him by about 3 car lengths or so up to 120 again. I rolled down my window after the traffic slowed down to about 20mph and we talked for a minute. He was a cool guy, said his truck was all stock. I was pretty happy after that, but I know if we would have started from 60mph or so with me in third I would have got him even better. For the price though, there very very fast trucks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
some of the lightning guys are aholes they think only their trucks can run... i have spanked a few of them with my hemi longbed work truck :D

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
adams

Man you are killing me here with stories like that..... I can hardly stand it,my truck is still floating across the pacific!!!!!

That sounded like a awesome time and it was very cool that he had a great attitude about it.

Hemi 777 your truck is downright scary, talk about a wolf in hiding, your killin em all with your stealth long bed beast!!!! :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mauiSRT/10 said:
adams

Man you are killing me here with stories like that..... I can hardly stand it,my truck is still floating across the pacific!!!!!

That sounded like a awesome time and it was very cool that he had a great attitude about it.

Hemi 777 your truck is downright scary, talk about a wolf in hiding, your killin em all with your stealth long bed beast!!!! :D
Yeah it was pretty fun. He was real cool about it, he was all excited smilying from ear to ear admiring the truck.

·
Registered
180 Posts
adams2003 said:
Yeah it was pretty fun. He was real cool about it, he was all excited smilying from ear to ear admiring the truck.
Thats cause there are only 2 factory kick butt Trucks,(sorry Hemi fans,I know you can make um quick that's why I said Factory) and yours are works of art, and any time I get to play with someone on the street the cops can't even get me to stop smilin. Glad it was a good experiance, there are some real "A" holes out there that can't get past the name plate to enjoy the product. :cool:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Oh for sure, the hemi is not in the same league as the Lightning or Srt-10 stock, but if you only got 20K, the hemi is the fastest bang for buck out there. :)

Good kill adam, good to see the srt-10 on the winning side.

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
D Davis said:
Thats cause there are only 2 factory kick butt Trucks
If you mean currently in production, then I agree. Otherwise, I know of at least one other 'Factory Kick Butt Truck' that was kicking some serious ass long before the Lightning and SRT-10. ;) :D

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hamrhead said:
If you mean currently in production, then I agree. Otherwise, I know of at least one other 'Factory Kick Butt Truck' that was kicking some serious ass long before the Lightning and SRT-10. ;) :D
The Sy/Ty's are definately cool along with Lightnings. To bad the guys at NLOC banned Hemi777 and can't just appreciate someone who enjoys all things quick and fast. :mad:

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Have any of you guys running a Hemi looked at a jet performance module. They say it adds 18% more horsepower all by itself.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I took a 'HEMI RAM' owner for a ride in my Diesel at a car show.... after 1 mile of just slolwy driving around picking nits about what he disliked about my GMC and why his buddy wanted him to go for a ride with me .... well i turned around and looked at his wife and said' brace yourself '
Then i pushed tin, the truck lunged forward belching a thick bleck cloud while the tires started howling, barely audible above the sound of the turbocharger spooling up to 34 PSIG.
This was only a small demonstration from about 40-90 mph..... needless to say he was shocked... turned to me and said "i really loved the power of my hemi until you did that'
Oh, and his hemi has mods as well, IIRC computer, exhaust and intake.

Things that make you go HMMMM

·
Registered
156 Posts
begood said:
Have any of you guys running a Hemi looked at a jet performance module. They say it adds 18% more horsepower all by itself.
Oh those jet chips are totally useless. They have little to no effect. A few people got them and all have been disapointed. Superchips just come out with the hemi tuner and it is making some nice #'s. With cai and exaust I am guessing 20-25hp/30-40tq.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Joeykunz said:
Oh those jet chips are totally useless. They have little to no effect. A few people got them and all have been disapointed. Superchips just come out with the hemi tuner and it is making some nice #'s. With cai and exaust I am guessing 20-25hp/30-40tq.
I had put the cai and the exhaust but not the chip into my hemi and it just was never enough power. Lucky me I was able to just get the srt/10. I just was tired of d*cking around with these go fast mods. I was thinking about headers etc...and it was never gonna be enough. We all just do what we can, I do consider myself fortunate.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hamrhead said:
I apolagize on that one, I keep forgetting about the Tys & Sys. heck in all the yrs. I've only seen 3, I've already seen that many SRT10 Rams :D
and for all the Hemi fans remember if you run acrossed a little Sy or Ty, your about to get whooped by a V-6 :p I think you can get one for under 20g, even when they were new. (can't remember though) :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:
I had put the cai and the exhaust but not the chip into my hemi and it just was never enough power. Lucky me I was able to just get the srt/10. I just was tired of d*cking around with these go fast mods. I was thinking about headers etc...and it was never gonna be enough. We all just do what we can, I do consider myself fortunate.
Yeah I hear ya, I wish I could do the same thing. Don’t have that kind of $$$ yet. I think I'm going to keep my hemi and try to get a lotus Elise to be my fuel-efficient daily driver.

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
D Davis said:
and for all the Hemi fans remember if you run acrossed a little Sy or Ty, your about to get whooped by a V-6 :p I think you can get one for under 20g, even when they were new. (can't remember though) :D
My Sy stickered at $26,120 in '91. Got mine in March '92 as a leftover, a $400 College Grad discount, plus some other discount I can't remember = $19,585. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts