SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm drivin down the road today and I see a bright blue Toyota pick up behind me. I know it the new "Super" truck so I slow down a bit. Well, there is a slow car in front of me, so the toyaota gets over and passes the both of us and gets in front of the slow car. The slow car soon turns and now I'm behind the Toyota. I gun it and get up behind him. He sees me come up behind him and this is where the fun started. So I "see/smell" him gun it. Notice I didn't say hear. That's because there was no sound at all. Might have caught a whisper of a pathfinder taken off, but that's it. So I smell the exhaust and see the back end settle down a little bit. I'm in 2nd and hit about 1/2 to 3/4 pedal. DEFINATLEY NOT FULL THROTTLE!! And almost instantly pull up on his bumper. No chance he was gonna pull away.
That's all. I'm not calling this a race or anything like that. Hell, I don't even know if he was going wide open, but it looked like it. All I know is these(toyota's) trucks just aint got it.
If we would have lined up, I'm certain he would have been "**** Beat!" :D

·
Registered
301 Posts
They look fairly nice. Too small of tires though. No HP either. Truck is made for the ricers! Way to go though. It must have been fun to tease him. :)

·
Registered
732 Posts
the term **** beat rises again

LOL cannot wait to use the new yellow beast to do that to some poor sucker that thinks i have a rumble bee (no offense to rumble bee owners) i just dont like that they look so similar at 100+ MPH

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Rolex Dr. said:
the term **** beat rises again

LOL cannot wait to use the new yellow beast to do that to some poor sucker that thinks i have a rumble bee (no offense to rumble bee owners) i just dont like that they look so similar at 100+ MPH

Rumble bee's do 100+ MPH? :D

·
Registered
732 Posts
oh i know they will do 100 mph i have done it in my buddies

I love the rumble bees i would drive one as my winter ride its just that they look to similar to our srt 10s

hell thay why when i got my QC hemi I got a totally differnet color so it was way different

*Taking donations to fly one of the trucks to Florida for the Yacht Party! *

Kevin I love the new line in you sig.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have a Bee. They are great for daily drivers and YES, they do 100+ mph. It's too bad that Dodge couldn't be more creative and have a totally different shade of yellow for the YF's. Even the "Go Bananas" yellow for the new Charger (ick) is different enough not to be confused with the Bee. :)

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
firefighter.....that is great...I have seen several of them here on Maui...Its a six banger, maybe sc, not sure...definatly a ricer deal!!! I hope the poor bastard pulls up next to me someday!! :D

patrick

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Firefighter, from what i read that new Toy, is pretty quick and handles well. But," let me make this perfectly clear", No match for our SRT-10's

I guess I'm showing my age with that quote! LOL :D

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I haven't even seen a picture of one of these trucks. I tried to find it on Toyotas website but it wasn't shown that I could see...

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I think he was ballparking a figure on that. i had read a test of that on Autoweek. They had high praise for a subcompact truck. ;)

·
Registered
196 Posts
That's no concept truck you're looking at. Its 18-in. 45-series V-rated radials [1] and alloy wheels are for real. Its 0-to-60 [2] in just over 7 seconds and its 240-horsepower V6 with 275 lb.-ft. of torque are for real. Yes, the X-Runner's one tough street truck. And soon it'll be within your grasp.

This is from the website...0-60 in 7 seconds :eek: aint got nothing on us, thats for damn sure :D

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
SRT QC said:
That's no concept truck you're looking at. Its 18-in. 45-series V-rated radials [1] and alloy wheels are for real. Its 0-to-60 [2] in just over 7 seconds and its 240-horsepower V6 with 275 lb.-ft. of torque are for real. Yes, the X-Runner's one tough street truck. And soon it'll be within your grasp.

This is from the website...0-60 in 7 seconds :eek: aint got nothing on us, thats for damn sure :D

please please please let one be at the track tonight and let me be the one to line up with it!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D It looks like a kids toy!!!

patrick

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is from the website...0-60 in 7 seconds aint got nothing on us, thats for damn sure

sorry not everyone can afford a $50,000 truck

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
05Xrunner

How do you like your truck? Don't take offense at the comments. We are all just very proud of our SRT-10's and sometimes we glout. :) Oh and BTW, I thought everyone could afford a 50000. truck :cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
i was interested in the xrunner for a while. then i got a better look in person and drove one. c r a p.

at the time, i had been working my ass off and building up to buy my SRT10. the quip about not everyone can afford one is true, but if you want something, you can get it.

im 22. worked real hard. bought my dream truck.

a blue xrunner tried playing on hawthorne blvd out here in torrance. looked like he had lambo doors when i was done with him. happened right in front of a nissan dealership i contract to. salesman whos into fast things saw the whole thing. he was still laughing when i flipped a U and pulled onto the lot.

:p

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Congrats, Hard work does payoff! Good story :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts