SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of curiosity, I checked the KBB trade-in value for the '04 SRT10. Wow! I was glad to see that it looks like you could get about $40K from a dealer on a trade. Seems almost unrealistic, though, as a local dealer here was blowing them out at $42K in December.

Anyone out there have any ideas on how they are holding value? What about the '05 QC's?

I was at a dealer the other day, and the psychos had the QC's at MSRP plus $15K. I told them I would give them a good deal on mine : )

·
Registered
420 Posts
tomato said:
Out of curiosity, I checked the KBB trade-in value for the '04 SRT10. Wow! I was glad to see that it looks like you could get about $40K from a dealer on a trade. Seems almost unrealistic, though, as a local dealer here was blowing them out at $42K in December.

Anyone out there have any ideas on how they are holding value? What about the '05 QC's?

I was at a dealer the other day, and the psychos had the QC's at MSRP plus $15K. I told them I would give them a good deal on mine : )
yeah the stupid ass dealer tried to get me to buy the QC at 61K. after I informed him that I'm not an idiot..... I paid 50 K for my '05

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am here in Killeen, TX, they just got a BLK QC 2005 in and it has a sunroof. The price is under 52k. Thats pretty good is it not.

·
Registered
93 Posts
tomato said:

I am about ready to turn mine in for a new 05, good to see that they are up there in value

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Don't be fooled by KBB as those trade in prices are over inflated. Most dealers use auction prices or the *real* book. www.galves.com

I think last I looked, the 04 SRT-10 was valued at 35K for a trade.

Sell it outright if you can or demand HIGH trade in price or just keep it.

Mark

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sitedrifter said:
Don't be fooled by KBB as those trade in prices are over inflated. Most dealers use auction prices or the *real* book. www.galves.com

I think last I looked, the 04 SRT-10 was valued at 35K for a trade.

Sell it outright if you can or demand HIGH trade in price or just keep it.

Mark
Sitedrifter is correct. KBB is not what a dealer will use, they may use Black book and auction data (Galves) or a combination of the two.

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
You also have to take into consideration the area you are in, they still have a new 04 red Rc and I doubt they would give a good trade , plus our area dodge dealers mostly do the Freightliner discount on most vehicles, so they don't take much interest in the higher end vehicles on trade, just to hard to sell.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Cant even imagine selling mine.....way too much fun to drive and I only have 3300 miles on it since purchasing it last July!!!

patrick

·
Registered
93 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:
Cant even imagine selling mine.....way too much fun to drive and I only have 3300 miles on it since purchasing it last July!!!

patrick

living on a small island will do that. I bought mine last April and I have 30k on it. I figure I will trade it in for a new one when I hit 40. Should still get some decent money for it to put it on the next one. Plus, arnt there some upgrades on the 05 vs the 04's?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have actually found KBB to be right on...Believe me, I've traded too many damn cars. The trick is to click on the "good" condition at best, "poor" condition at worst. The poor condition will give you the bottom end auction value. If you're a good negotiator, you can usually get the "good" condition price...However, I am sure there may be some mitigating factors on these bad boys. Too few of them out there.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
mauiSRT/10 said:

patrick
Patrick, I am surprised you have that many miles? How many times around the Island is that? LOL ;)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Milo55 said:
Patrick, I am surprised you have that many miles? How many times around the Island is that? LOL ;)

I have 1500 in 2 months.... WHOOPS!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts