SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, picked up my truck from the wharf on friday - almost had to shed a tear. It was such a tight fit it rubbed the container all the way here - take a look. Every panel has a mark on it!!

Im also disapointed in the finish of the truck - one of the body cladding panels is a completely different yellow to the rest of the truck, one of the door badges is very crooked and one of the viper powered badges is blurry!! Also the front air dam has marks where the bolts below have come through (see in pic) and all the screws on each side of the front air dam fell out on the trip over!!

Bad news as i cant take it back now!!

BTW - is it normal for it to make a slight exhaust popping/pinging sound under deceleration with the stock exhaust??

Attachments

·
Registered
654 Posts
Damn that's horrible :( Doesn't the shipping insurance cover it though? You will need to get the entire car repainted.

·
Banned
8,819 Posts
OMG!!! :eek: That is horrible. Had to cry! :(

Hopefully someone is going to do something for you to correct this gross mishap!!! :confused: :mad: :eek:

I think we must have some lawyers on our forum???? HELP him.

Jerry & Denise

·
Registered
216 Posts
Oh my God the shipping company would pay for this or would get sued. I would pay good money to sue them even if I didn’t have a chance, that is just ridiculous!! There is a difference between accidental damage and negligence!

-zboyblue

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am finding out about insurance today. Hopefully they will cover it so it should be sweet but ill repost and let you all know!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
The dumb ass that loded that should have been dragged by his balls underwater behind the boat the truck was on. :mad:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Wasn't that thing strapped down while it was being shipped?? Whoever loaded that is a f'n moron and should totally be liable for that damage. That is ridiculous. The whole f'n truck will have to be repainted. Would've been better off if they strapped four rafts onto the tires and set her adrift to you.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
The popping noise is normal when downshifting and letting off the throttle.The Magnaflow sounds better when you do that though. :D

Sorry to hear about the mishap.Hope is gets straightened out quickly.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The truck was in fact strapped down very well. There was very little room on each side of the container and it just didnt hold up. I have word from the local benz dealership that they just sent back a shipment of cars that were too badly damaged on there way over about the same time!!

i think it was a very rough trip!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Roktman said:
The popping noise is normal when downshifting and letting off the throttle.The Magnaflow sounds better when you do that though. :D

Sorry to hear about the mishap.Hope is gets straightened out quickly.
sweet - i have the magnaflow all ready and waiting!!

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Sorry About this mishap!!

Things can get very rough out a sea, If there was only inches of clearance on the sides I wouldn/t be surprised. You need to get ahold of the Shipping agent who handled the shipment not the ship itself. They will handle any and all damage claims. It should be covered. As the shipping industry is huge and they have accidents all the time.

Your truck was probably put in a container with other vehicles or items. This stuff will shift if the seas get rough enough, I don,t care how well you strap it down.

Let us know how it turns out!!

It sounds like it can all be repaired!!

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
467 Posts
The different color body-cladding panels is also a major cause for concern.There may have been some molding replaced improperly also. This has to be covered under insurance, whether it be yours or the shipping companies. Let them fight it out. GOOD LUCK!!! PS How many miles on this truck? I'm sure you must be concerned of the truck was damaged then repaired prior to shipping...

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
The right front fender on mine is a different shade of yellow. I had a friend of mine who owns a bodyshop look at it to see if it had been damaged and repaired. He could not find any evidence that it had been repaired. His opinion was that, that fender was painted with another batch of paint. He also mentioned that it's a hard shade to match and recommendated that I live with it. Most people do not notice it so I decided to leave it alone.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Kalani

I am so sorry to see those pics!!!! You have waited so long......man that sucks. Hopefully insurance will cover it. Its very distubing that the finish sucked!!!!! That bolt coming through the paint is just bullshit!!! Better check under the front airdam, those bolts might have had help coming out when the morons loaded your truck!

Yes the popping is normal and as Rokt said, it only gets better with the magnaflow!!!! Its quite an addicting sound!! You will know what I mean after you install it.

good luck

patrick

1 - 20 of 30 Posts