SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations on an under-the-rail white lighting system for the bed? I'm very confident in my 12v wiring, so anything goes. In fact, I plan to install a switch so it only comes on when the tailgate is open.

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, sure did. I bought the LED Glow kit from Amazon for $59, but the first one they sent had dead LEDs. Got the second kit today and it looks good. Hopefully will get it installed this weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heavy rain and cold came through, and I was waiting on an inline fuse to arrive, but I'll definitely post pics once it's installed!

·
Registered
475 Posts
This weather sucks Peter, got my 10 out of storage Thursday night and it's been home under it's cover since then. Looks like modding will begin Thursday with the nicer weather rolling in!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finished the install and I have to admit that it is pretty bad*ss. I ran a 12v lead straight from the battery so I didn't affect the OEM wiring at all. Then I installed two switches in line with the lights. The first is a master on/off switch, the second is a magnetic switch on the tailgate. The lights come on when I drop the tailgate, it looks phenomenal with all the wires hidden out of sight. For less than $75 total, I highly recommend this upgrade!

Nighttime View

Master On/Off Switch

Magnetic Switch On Truck

Magnet Mounted on Tailgate

Daylight View

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,625 Posts
Lookin Good Peter

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Looks great Peter - I like your idea of using a magnetic switch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts