SRT10 Forum banner

Truck Trend July/August 04'

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  FastSpecV 
#1 ·
The new issue of Truck Trend does a comparison between the SRT-10 and the Ford Lightning. As both trucks are new and unmodified the results are what everybody seems to know. A worth while magazine to pick up and read.
Larry

#5 · (Edited)
Truck Trend Mag.

It basically says the SRT-10 is the NEW "KING" of the pick up trucks.The ET was 3 Tnths quicker and the Speed was 5 Mph faster,the slalom speed was 61.9 beating the Lightnings time of 61.5 . They went on further to state that the Lightning fell short in every performance test except the braking.(Quote) For now,the Lightning is forced to hand over its "King of the Street" crown to SRT-10. Larry

#6 ·
Truck Trend July/August

Additionally on page 31 they slipped this little zinger in.... Ford has kept tight-lipped as to whether the next lightning will be a 2005 or 2006 model, but if working overtime to beat the SRT-10 at the dragstrip has caused production delays for SVT, we're content with waiting pantiently for FoMoCo's next
"supreme performance truck".

That's what I like fair, impartial journalistic integrity.....I'm glad they're not too biased!

At least they left a subliminal message because every photograph where both trucks are pictured....The SRT is always in front!

Too Cool,
Mark

#7 ·
Well Without A Doubt The New Srt-10 Has Proven Itself To Be The New "king" Of Sport Trucks....the Old Lightning Simply Cannot Compare To The Specs On The Srt-10...they Need To Test The Concept Lightning That Has 500hp Against The Production Srt-10, Or Just Wait Until 2005 Or 2006 And Then See Who Wins....that Way It'd Be A Fair Fight.

#9 ·
Lots of rumors flying about a smaller displacment hemi v-10 that should make 600hp... I hope that comes true. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.