SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truckin mag has an article out where the SRT-10 QC has a 0-60 time of 6.94 Sec and quarter mile at 15.29 @ 92.06 MPH.

That seems slow! I'll bet the DC engineers have progammed the computer to hold back power until it reaches a certain mileage. I know my Hemi was that way. It didn't wake up until somewhere around 2000 miles. Kind of a built in break in!!

Breaking 60-0 was really impressive at 128 feet. Thats only one more foot than the RC.

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Well, I have to be honest. If that's the best it can do, that's pathetic. :p

Right there with a stock GEN ONE 240hp Lightning!! :confused:

·
Registered
189 Posts
somethings wrong. before i traded it in, my 1500 QC SB 4x4 Hemi with 20's would do a low 7 sec 0-60 and a high 15 1/4 mile.

i know of a TON of QC SB STOCK HEMIS that run 15.2's all day in the 1/4

Something went wrong with that article.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know, but it's right there in black and white.

They also tested the new Dakota Quad Cab with the 4.7. Both the Nissan and Toyota with V-6's out performed the Dakota.

The Dakota was at 0-60 @ 10.41 and 1/4 mi at 17.81 and 75.92.

I couldn't find anywhere in the article what the weather was like. The test were performed at Palmdale California. Is that above sea level to any extent that it could have caused such slow times?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Marc T said:
I know, but it's right there in black and white.

They also tested the new Dakota Quad Cab with the 4.7. Both the Nissan and Toyota with V-6's out performed the Dakota.

The Dakota was at 0-60 @ 10.41 and 1/4 mi at 17.81 and 75.92.

I couldn't find anywhere in the article what the weather was like. The test were performed at Palmdale California. Is that above sea level to any extent that it could have caused such slow times?
Less than 500ft. above sea level.

·
Registered
189 Posts
the dakota should be in the 15's. its a lightweight truck with plenty of power. STOCK 4.7 QUAD CAB 4x4 dakotas are in the mid 15's with 235hp. the new ones are a little bit heavier, but that shouldnt yeild a 17 sec 1/4 mile

so how does truckin get an 8.85 and 16.8 1/4 mile for a 7500lbs cummins diesel, then you get a truck that weighs 5500lbs, with 500hp/525tq, and its only getting a second and a half less

somethings up with this.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Ive said it before on this board and Ill say it again... we are not getting all the power that DC advertises. As a previous L owner for 4 years (89K miles)... that 360hp motor seemed deadly compared to my 500hp ram. Somethings wrong. Just picked up a 1991 syclone... finally.. (wanted that one ever since a teenager). That think FLIES from 0-60 (BONE STOCK)... and would crush my ram. As an *owner* of some of the most powerful trucks ever produced , we ARE getting lied to by DC about the power we are getting. I think that the motor is putting out 500hp ... BUT they choke the crap out of it to avoid warranty issues.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Vegas-viper-ram said:
Ive said it before on this board and Ill say it again... we are not getting all the power that DC advertises. As a previous L owner for 4 years (89K miles)... that 360hp motor seemed deadly compared to my 500hp ram. Somethings wrong. Just picked up a 1991 syclone... finally.. (wanted that one ever since a teenager). That think FLIES from 0-60 (BONE STOCK)... and would crush my ram. As an *owner* of some of the most powerful trucks ever produced , we ARE getting lied to by DC about the power we are getting. I think that the motor is putting out 500hp ... BUT they choke the crap out of it to avoid warranty issues.
How can that be? Several people have dynoed their trucks getting a range
of RWHP of 417 to 441 stock. Not to sure about the QC time but I would believe
DC most likely added torque management to the auto trans, killing it's 1/4 mile times.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Roktman said:
Yea,The #`s are pretty consistant based on the 20 % drivetrain loss.Next month I am getting the VEC 2 so my guy can tune it.They claim 61HP and 104torque gains.This coupled with the headers,CAI and exhaust should really pep it up.
Oh hell yeah, That's the next thing on my wish list. Let me know all the details
hehe

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
They do the engine torque management on everything now. The computers are so sophisticated now that gm dodge ford on down the line can pull the fuel back or richen it up on the lower rpm level to keep Joe blow from ripping the clutches and axles out before 36,000. Thats why if you look at the dyno sheet the ram is super rich on bottom rpm and when the vec 2 is installed you gain 60 + but really nothing on top end. Just like the 03 hemi, thing wouldn't get out of its way off the line, install superchip to change the torque management bam! smokin tires galore. Or look at the magnum 345 hp and won't smoke up the tires . They do the same with bikes started with 90 gsxr's, they pulled back the timing to keep them from wheelying off the line and flipping over backward, clip one wire and look out , nice long first gear power wheelies. Hennesy or Bill P. should be able to chim in on this, its something all auto makers are doing to keep us from destroying the autos and keeping the warranty claims to a minimum, you just have to realize they potential of what you are buying, just imagine the ram srt with 60+hp on bottome end, who would complain, who would have a clutch! just 2 cents. :eek:

·
Registered
974 Posts
stinker said:
They do the engine torque management on everything now. The computers are so sophisticated now that gm dodge ford on down the line can pull the fuel back or richen it up on the lower rpm level to keep Joe blow from ripping the clutches and axles out before 36,000. Thats why if you look at the dyno sheet the ram is super rich on bottom rpm and when the vec 2 is installed you gain 60 + but really nothing on top end. Just like the 03 hemi, thing wouldn't get out of its way off the line, install superchip to change the torque management bam! smokin tires galore. Or look at the magnum 345 hp and won't smoke up the tires . They do the same with bikes started with 90 gsxr's, they pulled back the timing to keep them from wheelying off the line and flipping over backward, clip one wire and look out , nice long first gear power wheelies. Hennesy or Bill P. should be able to chim in on this, its something all auto makers are doing to keep us from destroying the autos and keeping the warranty claims to a minimum, you just have to realize they potential of what you are buying, just imagine the ram srt with 60+hp on bottome end, who would complain, who would have a clutch! just 2 cents. :eek:
That's true about the bottom end on the SRT-10 motors at least for the trucks. That's one of the main reasons I want the VEC2 and for future mods of course. Execlent point stinker... Oh yeah *scratches head* why do you call yourself stinker? Had to ask *holds his nose for the responce*

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
well ...... kinda of a long strange some people might not understand story.
When I was a kid growing up I was into everything, if it wasn't broke I broke it, if it was put together I took it apart, into everything, nothing stood outta my path that wasn't touched. Even became a chevy tech so I could get paid to take things apart. Then when I got married my wife and I soon found out that we couldn't have children because of a female do-dad gone bad, and I was kinda devastated, so outta kindness she bought me an eskimo spitz puppy on our second christmas. When we brought him home he got into everything that wasn't tied down, no matter how high or low, he even rearanged some rooms at times. We got extremely close, he had an accident when he was 2 and had to go under the knife when he woke I was there and from then on he never left my side. He went with me from east to west even to the races. After 15 years though he developed cancer, we done everything we could, but naturally to no avail. this year march the fourth, just 3 days after my birthday he left. I know it sounds korny but not being able to have kids, he was just like my son. So my cb handle and forum name became a tribut to my boy. Its funny how some people feel about animals and explaining this isn't to be taken sadly, because I still get into everything I can and I rembember all of the good days with my boy. Just the other day I was in the shop taken apart my race bike for no reason, when my wife walked in and said " You do know youre almost 40, youre still a little stinker taking things apart for no reason ain't ya" Boy bet ya wished ya had'nt ask now huh I am extremly long winded.

·
Registered
974 Posts
stinker said:
well ...... kinda of a long strange some people might not understand story.
When I was a kid growing up I was into everything, if it wasn't broke I broke it, if it was put together I took it apart, into everything, nothing stood outta my path that wasn't touched. Even became a chevy tech so I could get paid to take things apart. Then when I got married my wife and I soon found out that we couldn't have children because of a female do-dad gone bad, and I was kinda devastated, so outta kindness she bought me an eskimo spitz puppy on our second christmas. When we brought him home he got into everything that wasn't tied down, no matter how high or low, he even rearanged some rooms at times. We got extremely close, he had an accident when he was 2 and had to go under the knife when he woke I was there and from then on he never left my side. He went with me from east to west even to the races. After 15 years though he developed cancer, we done everything we could, but naturally to no avail. this year march the fourth, just 3 days after my birthday he left. I know it sounds korny but not being able to have kids, he was just like my son. So my cb handle and forum name became a tribut to my boy. Its funny how some people feel about animals and explaining this isn't to be taken sadly, because I still get into everything I can and I rembember all of the good days with my boy. Just the other day I was in the shop taken apart my race bike for no reason, when my wife walked in and said " You do know youre almost 40, youre still a little stinker taking things apart for no reason ain't ya" Boy bet ya wished ya had'nt ask now huh I am extremly long winded.

Dam near teared me up.. I understand now *snif,snif* Makes my name feel kinda cheesy now :(

·
Registered
974 Posts
BLKSRT-10 said:
My truck seemes to have leaned out after i removed the secondary cats and installed the K&n intake. Look at the before and after A/F ratio curves.
Not sure if I see the A/F ratio change(hard for me to read), but I do see a nice RWHP gain. I have removed the second cats also I don't have the K&N filter but I do have the Magnaflow exhaust. The nearest dyno for me is a 3 hr round trip so I am not sure of the gains yet by looking at yours they should be pretty sweet.

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Hey Titan just by looking at his numbers a gain of 30 hp by removing the sec cats. My srt dynoed at 439 also, so by going to mofo headers, 3'' mid pipes, and magnaflow, I have my own kn filter, and with the vec2 installed what do you think the hp should go to? Seems I remember someone else removing both cats and something else getting around 492hp. But just removing the cats larger pipes magnaflow vec2 may end up around 480hp to 500hp? I know the vec2 adds like 60hp on the bottom but not that much up top, man can you say rolling thunderous burnouts!!!! I am going insane I can't hardly wait mo powwer scotty mo poooowwwweeeerrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way ssshhhh don't feel cheesy, we still want these guys to think we are the big burly beer gusling, spittin, cursin, tough guys that we are! lolololololol :D :D :p

·
Registered
974 Posts
stinker said:
Hey Titan just by looking at his numbers a gain of 30 hp by removing the sec cats. My srt dynoed at 439 also, so by going to mofo headers, 3'' mid pipes, and magnaflow, I have my own kn filter, and with the vec2 installed what do you think the hp should go to? Seems I remember someone else removing both cats and something else getting around 492hp. But just removing the cats larger pipes magnaflow vec2 may end up around 480hp to 500hp? I know the vec2 adds like 60hp on the bottom but not that much up top, man can you say rolling thunderous burnouts!!!! I am going insane I can't hardly wait mo powwer scotty mo poooowwwweeeerrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way ssshhhh don't feel cheesy, we still want these guys to think we are the big burly beer gusling, spittin, cursin, tough guys that we are! lolololololol :D :D :p
We will soon know Rotkman is installing the VEC2 soon. I believe he already has the magnaflow & headers not sure about the CAI.

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Vegas-viper-ram said:
Sweeeeeet! Congrats on the 'Clone! :D :cool: Hit up www.SyTy.net and start Searching! Welcome to our Nightmare! ;)

Anyway, I also own a Syclone, and used to have a Lightning. I will admit that the Ram seems somewhat slow off the line, but I think much of that has to do with the gearing. The Lightning, and especially the Syclone, are geared waaay better for off the line thrust. The Ram is geared entirely too High for off-the-line acceleration. Although, once you get the Ram moving, especially in 3rd, it really starts haulin'.

In time, I'd like to get the VEC2, but first I want gears. IMO, and from what others have already reported, they make a BIG difference!

As others have shown with Dyno tests, these motors do put out the HP, but our 4.11's AND our 22" wheels take their toll.

Patiently waiting on my 4.56's... :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts