SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had an idea! I removed that gawd awful plate holder, trimmed the license plate and wire tied it on through the holes in the valance. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah No ****, But i have already got my warning!!! thought this was better than a ticket ;)

·
Registered
196 Posts
lol yes better than a ticket. i really dont think that i could actually bring myself to drilling holes :eek: to put the license plate on. trimming and using wire sounds pretty good...but i think it looks so much more clean without it on at all. i guess we'll see after i get my warning :rolleyes: ..

·
Registered
152 Posts
Milo,if you have to run a plate,not too bad..I'm taking my chances in NV we are required to display one but on my vettes and Ram SRT-10 i don't..

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pitrider said:
Milo,if you have to run a plate,not too bad..I'm taking my chances in NV we are required to display one but on my vettes and Ram SRT-10 i don't..
Yeah they are sticklers here :( Pitrider when are you going to change your Avatar? Silver is best you know :D

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Up here they are required too. But you have a choice, either on the bumper or in the front window on the passengers side. So I got a couple suction cups that have clips on them that fit right in the holes of the plate. So I put it in the front window. Looks better than the front bracket. :)

Hey Milo, with it mounted there, is it going to rub the paint?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BigDodgeInAlaska said:
Up here they are required too. But you have a choice, either on the bumper or in the front window on the passengers side. So I got a couple suction cups that have clips on them that fit right in the holes of the plate. So I put it in the front window. Looks better than the front bracket. :)

Hey Milo, with it mounted there, is it going to rub the paint?
Big, I sanded the edges and put clear tape on the center post. Thats the only place where it touches paint. The wire ties won't let it touch the top or bottom. ;)

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Milo55 said:
Big, I sanded the edges and put clear tape on the center post. Thats the only place where it touches paint. The wire ties won't let it touch the top or bottom. ;)

Cool.... What do you plan to do about the holes from the mount? On my yellow one, the bracket was already there! Not very happy about it. So the dealership is going to paint clips that will fill the holes. It won't be perm, but will look better.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BigDodgeInAlaska said:
Cool.... What do you plan to do about the holes from the mount? On my yellow one, the bracket was already there! Not very happy about it. So the dealership is going to paint clips that will fill the holes. It won't be perm, but will look better.
I'm really not sure I was thinking of some small plastic plugs and touch up paint. I don't really want to get into painting the whole facia. It won't be perfect but.... ;)

·
Registered
144 Posts
I finally have the front plate displayed. I have had too many lucky calls with county & state troopers stopping me with too many beers in me. Got nailed in 1982 leaving a college reunion and that cost me $4,000...23 years ago!! Don't like the look but feel more comfortable now.

·
Registered
420 Posts
yeah .... I just keep mine under my front seat..... if they give me a ticket oh well.... i'm not putting one on our viper, prowler, or ram srt-10.... theres no way. but she used to be a state trooper before being injuired in the line of duty, so if they pulled us over, i'd def. bring that up. lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts