SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im a new member but a long time hotrodder. I was wondering if anyone had installed a vaccum pump and checked for gains. Does anybody make a bolt in kit? I would assume that the racing versions of the srt line has a pump already.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
bullethead67 said:
Hey guys im a new member but a long time hotrodder. I was wondering if anyone had installed a vaccum pump and checked for gains. Does anybody make a bolt in kit? I would assume that the racing versions of the srt line has a pump already.
problem is that the engine would have to be prepped to hold a seal for the vacuum pump, and that is what has stopped me from doing it. with some time however it could be done.

·
Registered
196 Posts
How much power do you think we could expect to gain? How costly would it be?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
suck-cess

I cant find a link but super chevy february 2005 installed a vacuum pump on an engine without making it a purpose built engine. it was a hot rodded 350 that produced 484hp. gains were across the board peaking at 15 hp on the small block V8. 9 inches of vacuum were pulled with the crew not being happy with the sealing. The entire thing was thrown together rather quickly and they felt they could do much better given a little extra time to get some leaks taken care of. The viper engine seems to be capable of a much higher benifit given it has 10 much bigger slugs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts