SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WAS QUOTED AN ESTIMATE OF $3500.00 FOR THE DUAL STRIPES IDENTICAL TO THE VCA BLUE RAMS, DOES THIS SEEM EXCESSIVE?,HE SAID TO DO A TOP-NOTCH FACTORY LOOKING JOB THERE IS A LOT OF LABOR INVOLVED(REMOVING ALL THE VARIOUS PIECES). WILL BE USING A WHITE PEARL-COAT FOR THE STRIPES. :confused:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Seems really high

I was quoted just over 2k to paint them on, and clear coat. And that was by a top notch paint shop. I know they are stickers but I can't imagine that's not very high. Also, am thinking about the comp coupe silver stripes. The hood is very similar and has real cool striping.

Good luck

·
Registered
974 Posts
sanchoba said:
WAS QUOTED AN ESTIMATE OF $3500.00 FOR THE DUAL STRIPES IDENTICAL TO THE VCA BLUE RAMS, DOES THIS SEEM EXCESSIVE?,HE SAID TO DO A TOP-NOTCH FACTORY LOOKING JOB THERE IS A LOT OF LABOR INVOLVED(REMOVING ALL THE VARIOUS PIECES). WILL BE USING A WHITE PEARL-COAT FOR THE STRIPES. :confused:
That’s way dam high. I got an estimate 6 months ago to do the same thing except silver pearl flake. My estimate came to $1200 and 3 days to get the job done. This involved sanding the front bumper, grille, hood, roof, rear bumper & tail gate. Then painting it & re-shooting the clear coat. Doing it this way would make the stripes flush with the black paint. Like he said, “looks like it came from the factory that way”. I believe the guys is a @#* crook.

My,
2 cents

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Titan said:
That’s way dam high. I got an estimate 6 months ago to do the same thing except silver pearl flake. My estimate came to $1200 and 3 days to get the job done. This involved sanding the front bumper, grille, hood, roof, rear bumper & tail gate. Then painting it & re-shooting the clear coat. Doing it this way would make the stripes flush with the black paint. Like he said, “looks like it came from the factory that way”. I believe the guys is a @#* crook.

My,
2 cents
Or he's got alot of work and just doesn't care if he gets more. Being a contractor I know that game. my advice, shop around! ;)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Milo55 said:
Or he's got alot of work and just doesn't care if he gets more. Being a contractor I know that game. my advice, shop around! ;)
That's possible but I still wouldn't do bussiness with the guy. :cool:

·
Registered
57 Posts
sanchoba said:
Who gave you the quote?

·
Registered
220 Posts
sanchoba said:
Getting stripes painted on my silver one right now. Costing me around $1000.00. Excellent job too. I went to check up on it yesterday, and he had everything painted except the bed,wing, and the tailgate and bumper. Real smooth, and can't even feel them at all if you rub your fingers across it! Doing my own thing though. stripes are 11inches, with 3 quarters of an inch gap between them, and a quarter inch stripe on both sides of the other ones.So, i think thats a bit high, but then again, I live out here in the country.

·
Registered
241 Posts
srt10vipertruck said:
Getting stripes painted on my silver one right now. Costing me around $1000.00. Excellent job too. I went to check up on it yesterday, and he had everything painted except the bed,wing, and the tailgate and bumper. Real smooth, and can't even feel them at all if you rub your fingers across it! Doing my own thing though. stripes are 11inches, with 3 quarters of an inch gap between them, and a quarter inch stripe on both sides of the other ones.So, i think thats a bit high, but then again, I live out here in the country.
Who's putting them on for you?

·
Registered
98 Posts
vca strpes

vca trucks are stripped 6 in between stripes and ea stripe is 11 in wide...I know ...I got one in the garage!#38

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
clarman said:
vca trucks are stripped 6 in between stripes and ea stripe is 11 in wide...I know ...I got one in the garage!#38

Very cool :cool: :cool: :cool:

patrick

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
srt10vipertruck said:

What color are you doing?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey Milo shoot my an e-mail . I have some pics. from Daytona of Silver with black but don't know how to post. Jim

·
Registered
220 Posts
Likestospeed said:
Who's putting them on for you?
Jimmy shanholtzer. He owns Shanholtzer's Collision in Romney, West Virginia. Really great guy who does wonderful work, but is hard to get to do anything because he does insurance work, and says he hardly has time for anything else.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Milo55 said:
What color are you doing?
It's a GM silver. Can't remember the name of it exactly, but it is just enough to be noticed!

·
Registered
241 Posts
srt10vipertruck said:
Jimmy shanholtzer. He owns Shanholtzer's Collision in Romney, West Virginia. Really great guy who does wonderful work, but is hard to get to do anything because he does insurance work, and says he hardly has time for anything else.
Awesome Thanks!! I might be moving out to Front Royal so I may give him a call to see if he can make some time for me..

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
srt10vipertruck said:
It's a GM silver. Can't remember the name of it exactly, but it is just enough to be noticed!
Cool, I like that idea :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Went to the viper dealership up here in nh and to do the vca stripes they want $3600 :eek: rather spent the money on exhaust and the vec2

1 - 17 of 17 Posts