SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Vec II

What is the average price for vec II ? Where is the best place to buy one ? I am looking for best overall service from where I buy it not just the cheapest price any suggestions will be appreciated. :confused:

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Ylw-Fvr said:
What is the average price for vec II ? Where is the best place to buy one ? I am looking for best overall service from where I buy it not just the cheapest price any suggestions will be appreciated. :confused:
Just buy one, U won't be dissapointed!!!!!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I would, but I am an electrical retard. I would end up blowing up something somehow and then I can kiss my warranty buh-bye... :(

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
When I get mine it will be ROE RACING. Those guys are great!!! ;)

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Actually its not hard, you've got a couple of the power wires to connect, a ground, the hardest part is the 10 injector wires, but just label them with tape as you cut and you'll be fine, the connector you put them in is label and numbered so its not bad. And you can either get a base tune card from sean or leave it unplugged and custom tune it on the dyno.
And really there is no cheap place to get it , Sean doesn't mark the Vec 2 up like hypertech or other programming companies, so is you do find it cheaper, it may be $50 - $100 , but the vendor may also make it up in the dyno tuning, so be careful, tuning at the most shouldn't be more than $200-$300.

·
Banned
582 Posts
i'm interested in the VECII also,but have no access to a dyno, would he (roe) still be able to flash me a performance card, and would this be included in the 995.00? is a dyno necessary is what i'm asking! :confused:

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Sean is one super guy, my wife has been talking to him for about a week now and he is so helpful and understanding its unreal. First off you want probably find any deals on the Vec II, as he only makes a few at a time , and unlike someone like hypertech that makes thousands and keeps there cost down, naturally the fewer you make the higher the cost.
As far as dyno and programming, depending on what you have done when you order your Vec II just tell Sean what you have done and he can program it for that , no charge. Or you can order it and he can email you a program and you can download it yourself. It will probably be 95% perfect, but if you want exact programming, then yes you will have to find someone that understands the vec and dyno and program it for you, or you can also have it dynoed, email the dyno sheet to Sean and he can write a program for it or email it to you, and download it yourself, or even dyno it before you order and it will come programed if you send the dyno to Sean and ask him to pre program.
I forget who had it done, sorry still alseep just done the 800+ overnight, but they installed the Vec on a QC with CAI and no cats and got about 450hp to the ashpalt. Just remember your largest gains will be on bottom and mid range where the trucks are so rich. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
82 Posts
DO you need any thing special to down load the program and install it yourself. I had a power commander for my 04 Harley softail and the unit came with a program so you could put in any program you wanted. They have a ton on the web site and you just find the one closest to your mods or you could go and pay around $200 and they would put it on a dyno and get it perfect. Is the VEC II this way? thnaks in advanve Phillip

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
I guess its sorta like the power commander but alot more programmable, with timing , fuel , RPM adjustments. He can give you a basic program or you can tell him what upgrades you have and he can write you a program. You do have to have a cable to link, but Joanne bought it and I can find out or you can ask Sean when you order. The vec comes with a disc for downloading and programming that gives you alot of info.

·
Registered
254 Posts
It was my quad cab that got the 450 HP and 476 TQ at the rear. The major benefit though seems to be the increased power at all RPMS, especially the low end. My black reg cab got 455 HP and 505 TQ with CAI, no cats, and dual borla xr1's. It'll roast 4th gear hard at the track.

·
Registered
829 Posts
04SRTRAM said:
DO you need any thing special to down load the program and install it yourself.
I ordered my VECII on monday and I was told that the VECII unit itself will write to the cards and has a serial port to load the program from a computer. They also sell reader/writers for programming the cards away from the vehicle. I had to order a reader/writer with a USB port because my laptop does not have a serial port.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
i ordered 1 last week, and he said they were about a week behind, (several on order). they are awesome to talk with, very friendly. they are going to write me a basic program and he also said if i wanted to make a change to email them the dyno and they would write one for me.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Ordered my VEC II today!

Sean was very helpful and I lucked out that someone is coming in to Roe tomorrow with the same mods that I have for a VEC II dyno tweak. So Sean said he would send the same program my way when they send out my unit :D

Expected delivery date is this Friday...giving me a nice project for the weekend :)

Thanks Sean! Great doing business with you.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I got to get me one of those!!! :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I think iit is a must have from everyone's opinion here . What is the average hp increase with this and magna flow's ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts